National TV Schedule

Texsox

Just checked to see if I will be able to see the Son on a real tv instead of through my monitor on mlb.com and what to my wandering eyes should appear but listing that really piss me off.

Sox game on today. Then Saturday and Sunday it's Yankee-Mets. WTF. There are some other series going on.

Just checked to see if I will be able to see the Son on a real tv instead of through my monitor on mlb.com and what to my wandering eyes should appear but listing that really piss me off.

Sox game on today. Then Saturday and Sunday it's Yankee-Mets. WTF. There are some other series going on.

I'll be wathcing on ESPN today. WGN on Sunday, but we have to put up with Cubs announcers, which are every bit as annoying as the ESPN Baseball Tonight crew.

It always seems that Fox, or whoever has the national TV rights go for the Yankees-Mets or Giants-Dodgers. It is sickening and just shows that real baseball does not enter into their knowledge of the game. All they want anyway is the playoffs and World Series. I wish that the bumps at MLB Hqs would start thinking of the millions and millions of baseball fans that rely on TV for their games and expand the broadcasting rights a bit.

Just once during the crosstown series I wish the would mix the announcers.  Steve Stone and Hawk would be a great combo IMO.

Southsider I'm starting to get really worried about you ;) First you pick the Cubs to win and now you're liking the Stone Pony!? Pretty soon you'll be wearing Ray Rayner's old SOX/Cub hat!

:D :D :D

Southsider I'm starting to get really worried about you  ;)  First you pick the Cubs to win and now you're liking the Stone Pony!? Pretty soon you'll be wearing Ray Rayner's old SOX/Cub hat!

:D  :D  :D

I did broadcasting in college. I can appreciate a good announcer. Steve Stone has carried that booth through 2 generations of HORRIBLE Carrey's. The guy knows his stuff, and really does do a good job. He would be a good balance to Hawk and his golf stories.

:D :D :D

I did broadcasting in college. I can appreciate a good announcer. Steve Stone has carried that booth through 2 generations of HORRIBLE Carrey's. The guy knows his stuff, and really does do a good job. He would be a good balance to Hawk and his golf stories.

FORE!!!!! I love it when you analyze.

Southsider I'm starting to get really worried about you  ;)  First you pick the Cubs to win and now you're liking the Stone Pony!? Pretty soon you'll be wearing Ray Rayner's old SOX/Cub hat!

:D  :D  :D

OK I'll admit it, I agree that Steve is a good annoucer. I've also found that Milo Hamilton has become a very good broadcaster with the Astros, my second favorite team.

Still all this feel good Cub stuff is creeping me out :D

I wish the powers that be in MLB would break up these "natural rivalry" series. Why schedule them all at the same time? Every year they show the Sinatra series ("New York, New York") over the Windy City series. There should be no more than 3 or 4 of these series scheduled at a time, and spread them out over the interleague play weekends. That would seem to get baseball the most possible exposure.

I wish the powers that be in MLB would break up these "natural rivalry" series.  Why schedule them all at the same time?  Every year they show the Sinatra series ("New York, New York") over the Windy City series. There should be no more than 3 or 4 of these series scheduled at a time, and spread them out over the interleague play weekends.  That would seem to get baseball the most possible exposure.

That is a good idea, if fact too good. That is why baseball would never go for it ;)