Kennedy and Kip Wells to the Cards

SoxFan562004

The Cardinals really like those hard-working Angel Infielders don't they?

I'm a little bit surprised Kip Wells couldn't do better than that. Maybe he's taking less money for 1 year with a team with a good pitching coach in the hopes of slapping together a solid, injury-free season and coming back on the market after 2007.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
As a Cardinals fan, I'm glad to see this. But I'm more concerned with the pitching right now.

Carpenter, Kip Wells, Adam Wainright, Jeff Weaver, Anthony Reyes. That's probably better than anyone else in the NL Central looks on paper.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Carpenter, Kip Wells, Adam Wainright, Jeff Weaver, Anthony Reyes. That's probably better than anyone else in the NL Central looks on paper.

True, but imagine how better it will be if a few names you didn't mention stay with the organization. Another division title could be a lock, possibly even a World Series. My dream WS is the Cards vs. the Sox. Hell, I'd almost be a bit concerned if the Cubs somehow got Jason Schmidt.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
True, but imagine how better it will be if a few names you didn't mention stay with the organization. Another division title could be a lock, possibly even a World Series. My dream WS is the Cards vs. the Sox. Hell, I'd almost be a bit concerned if the Cubs somehow got Jason Schmidt.

So, who would you root for? Can't root for both, y'know!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
No, they didn't, I'm sort of half-assuming they'll figure something out, if nothign else for a 1 year deal, to see if Weaver can put together a better season.

Weaver will be an interesting case. I think he is better waiting until the SP dust settles. Say the Cubs lose out on Schmidt and Zito, and even the next tier like Lily, etc... they will have a ton of money that they are willing to spend. I wouldn't be shocked to see them give him a ridiculous 1-year with an option for a 2nd deal.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
Weaver will be an interesting case. I think he is better waiting until the SP dust settles. Say the Cubs lose out on Schmidt and Zito, and even the next tier like Lily, etc... they will have a ton of money that they are willing to spend. I wouldn't be shocked to see them give him a ridiculous 1-year with an option for a 2nd deal.

I for one think that if Weaver's smart, he stays right where he is for 1 year no matter the price the Cards offer...simply because if Dave Duncan can work Weaver to a full, quality season, suddenly he'll be in a position with a multi-year, much bigger money deal than he would be if he locked himself in somewhere with a 2 year deal right now.