Pujols says MVP should be on playoff team

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
Ummm the Tigers were the wildcard team in the AL... so how do they qualify as the best team? And the Mets were down multiple starters.... they were forced to use Oliver Perez, john maine, and Steve Traschel for the first 3 games.

They were the AL champs. Does that count?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
Id say reg. season records usually tell which teams are the best moreso than a 5 game and 7 game series. Idonno you tell me which is a bigger sample size... 2 playoff series or 162 games.

They finished one game behind the Twins. A bad bounce? A bad ump's call? The Tiger were AL Champs. The Cards won the Series. That defines the best teams.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Yeah, they sucked so bad that they won the World Series, beating one good team and the 2 best teams in baseball to do it. Please don't make that lame excuse about the Tigers making errors. Sure, but the Cards capitalized on them, much as the SOX won games by capitalizing on mistakes. Wins are wins, and there are no flukes. If you want to say they had bad stretches or sucked during a lot of the season, granted since they reside in the N.L. Central, but the Sox has a very ugly stretch in '05 and still won it all when almost NO ONE believed they could, so you sound hypocritical. The Cards proved they are a good team by getting to, and winning the World Series with a talented club that had did have struggles with various things, including injuries, which they overcame. If you want to put an asterik next to a team's name because of opponents' mistakes (which was only a vital factor in ONE of the 3 playoff series), frankly, that's your own absurd, inept preference. May as well alienate every single team that ever did it, including our own World Champion '05 Sox. Very ignorant statement made by you, sir.

Wow, you sure did assume a lot about my opinion from one small post. I don't even know where you got half the s*** in this post.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you sure did assume a lot about my opinion from one small post. I don't even know where you got half the s*** in this post.

Well, you basically said that the World Champs were a bad team, so I made the most logical assumption I could think of. If I made the wrong one, I'd love to hear your logic (unless it's as obtuse as the "logic" that some of the other posters I've addressed have used).

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Well, you basically said that the World Champs were a bad team, so I made the most logical assumption I could think of. If I made the wrong one, I'd love to hear your logic (unless it's as obtuse as the "logic" that some of the other posters I've addressed have used).

As far as I can tell, we've given you our logic, and your ability to take such information in compares to a brick wall soaking up water.

Is it not possible for a World Series champion to be a bad team? If you say no, then it's quite obvious - even though it already is - that there's disagreement between the two parties' opinions.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it not possible for a World Series champion to be a bad team?

Hilarious question. And to answer it, frankly, no. Not that year at least. Otherwise, how DO they win a WS? Luck? Like I've said, they beat the two best teams in baseball in the postseason to win the WS. You can dissect all the aspects and say the other teams f***ed up and whatnot, but again, good teams capitalize on those mistakes. The Cards won the WS which means they were the best team. PERIOD.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Hilarious question. And to answer it, frankly, no. Not that year at least. Otherwise, how DO they win a WS? Luck? Like I've said, they beat the two best teams in baseball in the postseason to win the WS. You can dissect all the aspects and say the other teams f***ed up and whatnot, but again, good teams capitalize on those mistakes. The Cards won the WS which means they were the best team. PERIOD.

Is it not possible for a World Series champion to be a bad team? If you say no, then it's quite obvious - even though it already is - that there's disagreement between the two parties' opinions .

I'm not arguing such a meaningless point anymore

Edited by witesoxfan