Who will be the best of the "big 3" QBs from the 2006 draft?

I remember eerily similar discussions about this draft, and how great the quarterbacks were going to be. Its really hard to tell sometimes how great they are gonna be, you have to give them time.

Right now, I would list them at Young, Leinart, Cutler. Mostly because Cutler hasnt even played yet and Leinart is stuck in Arizona.

Vince Young is looking like he is legit. The Titans are my other fav. besides the bears and i second guessed not taking leinart over Young in the draft but he is looking like a complete QB. He knows when he needs to check down to his short routes and he is pretty accurate going deep. If the pocket collapses he has the speed and awareness to get the first down. It shows that the experience this season is paying off with back 2 back comeback victories against 2 talented teams!

I think I'll go Leinart, Young and Cutler...but that may change cuz Cutler started one game.

Leinart has been playing pro-style ball for longer than any of them and if they can get a defense and offensive line out there in the desert, he's going to win.

Young, at best, is going to be Steve McNair and at worst Andre Ware. He still has that side arm throwing motion and that makes him a 6' 1" quarterback. He needs to be able to come over the top and use that height advantage.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
He needs what, 1 more yard?

In all likelyhood

I'll say this...I think in 5-10 years, when these guys are in the primes of their careers, you'll see both Cutler and Leinart putting up better statistics than Young, with the exception of wins.

It is pretty tough to rank them because they are so different. Vince Young has the most all around talent, Leinart is in the best situation, and Cutler has the best arm. Then it depends on how your rank success. Is success the one with the best stats or the most rings? Is Dan Marino better than Joe Montana?

I think Young will be Randall Cunningham, Leinart will be Montana, and Cutler will be Jeff George. If that is the case, I will then ranke them:

(1) Leinart

(2) Young

(3) Cutler

I think all will be better than Eli Manning or Michael Vick. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I like Young's intangibles.

Leinart has done more than I thought, but playing for a team like AZ he is getting tons of throwing opportunities, and since he plays down a lot the other teams are more willing to give up the short pass. It will be interesting how he does in the future if AZ becomes better and teams start making him throw over the top.

Cutler NA, when he was first starting to get hype he reminded me of Boller. He looked much better than that in his first game, but who knows.

1. Leinart

2. Young

Leinart looks good and he has some young talented receivers around him (Fitzgerald, Boldin). Young has looked solid lately, but I think teams will eventually figure him out. Cutler has not played enough for an assessment.

Edited by RME JICO

I dont get why everyone thinks hes gonna be a god in the NFL.. is it his 50% completion percentage? the fact he throws as many TDs and INTs? No, its because he can run around and score some flashy TD's much like another QB who hasnt led his team to anything, forgot what that guys name was but he is EERILY similair to this Vince Young character