My Proposal: Buehrle To Cards?

bigruss

How about Beurhle and Uribe for Eckstein and Wainright?

We really need that proven leadoff man, which Eckstein fills nicely, plus he's a great guy who hustles everyday and seems to have an impact on the whole team. Beurhle will be a free agent and would most likey want to sign wither with us or the Cards, so why not get something back in return? Wainwright seems to me to have some good stuff and we would have him under contract for a long time.

It seems pretty fair to me, but I dont know if the Cards would go for it, but with todays market for pitching and their need for it maybe it would work. Other players may be included to, this is just basically a core for a trade.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't do Buehrle alone for Eckstein, Reyes, and Wainright.

No matter how much Buehrle might want to be a Cardinal, or how much the media may obsess over it...the Cardinals do not have enough talent to trade for Mark Buehrle right now unless they want to move their first baseman. End of story. Their system is too bare.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
I wouldn't do Buehrle alone for Eckstein, Reyes, and Wainright.

No matter how much Buehrle might want to be a Cardinal, or how much the media may obsess over it...the Cardinals do not have enough talent to trade for Mark Buehrle right now unless they want to move their first baseman. End of story. Their system is too bare.

Agreed... end this thread