Around the Minors

LDF

i just saw this, ryan anderson in going for another shoulder surgery. on the same shoulder that he did last yr, which make this 3 for the last 4 yr. i feel sorry for him. he was an outstanding prospect.

does anyone know any info on 2 minor league players.

john maine from balt and rodney choy foo of the indians?

John Maine -

NAME POS B T HT WT BIRTHDATE

Maine, John K. P R R 6-4 190 08 MAY 81

FIRST YEAR: 2002 BIRTHPLACE: Fredericksburg, V

RESIDES: Hartwood, VA

COLLEGE: N.Carolina-Charlotte

Here are some numbers from this year. They are pretty sickening...

W- L- S ERA GP IP H AB AVG TBF R ER HR BB SO WP BK

TOTALS 7- 3- 0 1.53 14 76.1 43 261 .165 283 16 13 1 18 108 1 1

i just saw this, ryan anderson in going for another shoulder surgery. on the same shoulder that he did last yr, which make this 3 for the last 4 yr. i feel sorry for him. he was an outstanding prospect.

Remember when he and Jon Rauch were going to come in and dominate the AL?

Maine's #'s from 2002 -

CAREER PITCHING RECORD

YR CLUB LG Class W-L .PCT ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H AB TBF R ER HR SH SF HB BB IB SO WP BK AVG AGAINST

02 Aberdeen NYP A 1-1 .500 1.74 4 2 0 0 1 0 10.1 6 39 42 2 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 21 2 0 .154

Delmarva SAL A 1-1 .500 1.36 6 5 0 0 0 0 33.0 21 118 128 8 5 0 3 1 2 4 0 39 2 1 .178

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINOR LEAGUE TOTALS 2 .500 1.45 7 0 0 27 170 7 3 2 0 4

2 10 0 1 43.1 157 10 0 1 7 60 1

John Maine, rhp - Orioles #8 Prospect

Age: 21. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-4. Wt.: 190. Drafted: UNC Charlotte, 2002 (6th round). Signed by: Mark Tramuta.

Background: Maine was Conference USA’s 2001 pitcher of the year, but he had a disappointing junior season and fell to the sixth round, a round that has been good to the Orioles. In addition to Maine, the organization found Bedard and Eli Whiteside as sixth-rounders in the last four years.

Strengths: The Orioles have brought in an intriguing group of college arms in the last few years, and Maine has the best raw stuff of the group. His fastball sits at 92-93 mph and can go higher, and he throws it with great sink. He also has a hard slider that’s a great pitch when it’s on.

Weaknesses: Maine has a big, loose frame, and he runs into problems when his mechanics get out of whack. His long arm action in college worried scouts and gave him command problems, but the Orioles say they haven’t seen that from him as a pro. He needs to work on a changeup.

The Future: A strong competitor with the stuff to back it up, Maine will open the season in high Class A. He could move through the organization quickly if he continues to dominate.

NAME POS B T HT WT BIRTHDATE

Choy Foo, Rodney A. 2B S R 6-1 180 12 DEC 81

FIRST YEAR: 2000 BIRTHPLACE: Honolulu, HI

RESIDES: Waimanalo, HI

Numbers from this year. Not bad, but nowhere near as dominant as Maine. He is also not in the Orioles Top 10 list, so I don't have much more on him.

G AVG AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS GDP

TOTALS 62 .278 212 29 59 14 0 3 28 26 48 16 4 3

Hope that helps...

it helps, thanks. i been going back in the achives reading stuff that i missed. i notice that these two guys names keep popping up.

ref to maine, he was a 6 rounder and is tearing up the league. wow he is worth getting.

ref to the foo, they been taking about his leadership quality and his die hard approach to baseball.

Remember when he and Jon Rauch were going to come in and dominate the AL?

yeah, i remember reading an article when he first went to his first spring training. talk was that he might make the club, then griffey came to the plate. he struck grif on 3 straight. then he ask grif he wanted to try again. this time the press were there.. later that afternoon he was sent packing to the minors.

later came the rpt that grif didn't like being shown up.

either way. what a waste b/c he was good.