SOXTALK ELECTIONS

NorthSideSox72

Vote for President of Soxtalk Nation  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall be "President" of Soxtalk Nation?

• Gregory Pratt
    • NorthSideSox72
    • Rex Kicka***
    • sox4lifeinPA
    • Texsox

Here it is, the moment we've all been cringing for... the vote!

Please select you candidate of choice - ONCE. They are listed in alphabetical order (in case someone was wondering).

Candidates: Please do not vote for yourself. Honor system.

If you would like, you may express your endorsements or votes by posting in this thread.

Good luck to all! The voting will close either first thing Friday morning (around 8am).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:06 AM)
Here it is, the moment we've all been cringing for... the vote!

Please select you candidate of choice - ONCE. They are listed in alphabetical order (in case someone was wondering).

Candidates: Please do not vote for yourself. Honor system.

If you would like, you may express your endorsements or votes by posting in this thread.

Good luck to all! The voting will close either first thing Friday morning (around 8am).

Please don't vote for yourself? Then I will make a deal with all the candidates, I'll vote for y'all, y'all vote for me!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:09 AM)
Please don't vote for yourself? Then I will make a deal with all the candidates, I'll vote for y'all, y'all vote for me!

I believe that rule was stated from the beginning. If we do this again next year, and people really dislike it, we'll remove it. I just figured that we'd end up with a lot of candidates being a significant portion of the voting group, so, it seemed like a good idea to put those votes elsewhere. Otherwise, just give all of us one vote each. So let's stick with it for this one.

And you are more than welcome to strike bargains with folks for your vote, if you'd like. But, as this isn't the Cook County voting system, you can only vote for 1 of the other candidates.

I voted for NSS72. He was definately the closest to my point of view of the canditiates. I do encourage those who feel that PA, Tex, and Rex are their favorite canditates to vote for them, as they always gave well read, intelligent, and thoughtful answers throughout this process. They worked hard, and deserve support, even if my world view is different than theirs is.

Good luck to all of the canditates, and I can't wait to see what happens in the Florida balloting.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:13 AM)
I believe that rule was stated from the beginning. If we do this again next year, and people really dislike it, we'll remove it. I just figured that we'd end up with a lot of candidates being a significant portion of the voting group, so, it seemed like a good idea to put those votes elsewhere. Otherwise, just give all of us one vote each. So let's stick with it for this one.

And you are more than welcome to strike bargains with folks for your vote, if you'd like. But, as this isn't the Cook County voting system, you can only vote for 1 of the other candidates.

It just seemed like something we did in third grade. In the real world, candidates always vote, and presumably vote for themselves in a straight party vote. Again, in the real world, we should encourage everyone to vote, and candidates should be setting the example for that. In this election, it would basically mean each candidate would vote for himself.

I voted for Rex, I thought his answers were thoughtful and I think he would be good at surrounding himself with "people in the know" to help him make decisions. I also liked his tax plan, and I think, in general, politically, we're very alike.

But, I will say, this whole thing actually gave me a tons of more respect for the other candidates. Especially NSS72, Tex and PA, so well done. :)

Question:

Since there are only 5 candidates, when this vote is over on Thursday, should we just leave it at that? With no run-off? The whole runoff thing was only there because we originally had like 8 candidates.

Opinions?

Edited by NorthSideSox72

I am content with these results. I don't think a run-off would change anything, unless we add a VP candidate to the mix. If we add Veeps, then I'm all for it. But hold it to two, which at this moment in time, sounds very self serving.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Where can I See everyones positions?

There is a thread with a position essay and four threads covering taxes, Iraq, education, and the environment, all in the "buster".

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Or maybe a candidate? :ph34r:

I thought you said you where a virgin* :ph34r: Coming out of the closet PA?

*Oh yes, I went there :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
There is a thread with a position essay and four threads covering taxes, Iraq, education, and the environment, all in the "buster".

I thought you said you where a virgin* :ph34r: Coming out of the closet PA?

*Oh yes, I went there :lol:

gotcha. THANKS