SOXTALK ELECTIONS

NorthSideSox72

Vote for President of Soxtalk Nation  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall be "President" of Soxtalk Nation?

• Gregory Pratt
    • NorthSideSox72
    • Rex Kicka***
    • sox4lifeinPA
    • Texsox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
There is a thread with a position essay and four threads covering taxes, Iraq, education, and the environment, all in the "buster".

I thought you said you where a virgin* :ph34r: Coming out of the closet PA?

*Oh yes, I went there :lol:

well, apparently that would HELP my campaign :lol:

*Oh yes, I went there :lolhitting

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Let's do that. The winner of this election is Prez, then we'll put the other 4 in for a VP vote.

Any objections?

I think the top two should hand pick VPs and then run again...that might change the results.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
For this:

S20085-12_web.jpg

That's a Hallibut..... since Jim in Florida is the only one that will get a fish joke.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Let's do that. The winner of this election is Prez, then we'll put the other 4 in for a VP vote.

Any objections?

I'd rather take any two and run as a ticket. To facilitate that, I'd step aside and let someone else take on Rex. We already have a second place, I think running as a ticket would be interesting.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
I'd rather take any two and run as a ticket. To facilitate that, I'd step aside and let someone else take on Rex. We already have a second place, I think running as a ticket would be interesting.

OK, top two build tickets. And Tex, its still early - you might not finish in the top 2 you know...

Should I start a new poll about this? Whether we want a second vote for Veep, or second vote with Veep candidates like a primary-regular system, or just end it after this one?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
OK, top two build tickets. And Tex, its still early - you might not finish in the top 2 you know...

Should I start a new poll about this? Whether we want a second vote for Veep, or second vote with Veep candidates like a primary-regular system, or just end it after this one?

Since I first suggested it, as I said, I will step aside and allow someone else to take on Rex.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Since I first suggested it, as I said, I will step aside and allow someone else to take on Rex.

I don't get it. You're obviously the second best candidate, why would you step aside? unless you WANT to be a VP?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
I don't get it. You're obviously the second best candidate, why would you step aside? unless you WANT to be a VP?

I feel ackward suggesting that and then being in the mix. Plus, unless I am misreading the position statements, Rex and I are pretty similar, so taking one of the other candidates may make for a better debate and election.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
I feel ackward suggesting that and then being in the mix. Plus, unless I am misreading the position statements, Rex and I are pretty similar, so taking one of the other candidates may make for a better debate and election.

Anymore than organizing this thing and running? or not being around most of the year and running?

It was my impression that this first vote was for the top two vote getters anyway.

I think the easy move is to say the top two getters get to pick a VP candidate and give three reasons why they are different than the other candidate.

vote and then crown him with many crowns.

I would like to participate in the strategy making of a two party election. If it is as a candidate, that's fine, if we think that Rex versus someone else would be more interesting or entertaining, which is what this is, then I will step aside.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I would like to participate in the strategy making of a two party election. If it is as a candidate, that's fine, if we think that Rex versus someone else would be more interesting or entertaining, which is what this is, then I will step aside.

I want to see what happens when you put the 2 options on an electronic voting machine as "Rex" and "Tex".

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)

I think there should be three parties because if there is an election next year, I will launch my own party. (Of course I have to get a certain percentage of votes to be on the ballot.)

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)

Any objections?

I object! I'd have run for VP. Don't have to do nuthin' hardly but grimace and snarl a lot and shoot a friend in the face every now and then. :P

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
well, apparently that would HELP my campaign :lol:

*Oh yes, I went there :lolhitting

I think the top two should hand pick VPs and then run again...that might change the results.

That's a Hallibut..... since Jim in Florida is the only one that will get a fish joke.

I did indeed get it, and I even provided the obligatory *golf clap*>

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
I object! I'd have run for VP. Don't have to do nuthin' hardly but grimace and snarl a lot and shoot a friend in the face every now and then. :P

I did indeed get it, and I even provided the obligatory *golf clap*>

jealousy...that's all that is :D

Vote Gregory Pratt. Why? Well...3 reasons.

1.) He paints his face and travels at night.

2.) He has more facial hair than you.

3.) If you don't vote for him, this awaits you...

evil-kitty.jpg

Edited by SoxFan1

I would just like to take this time to tell the 1.63% of registered Soxtalkers who voted in the election how proud I am of their great dedication to civic duty.

:usa

I sure hope the pollworkers were able to handle the turnout and the lines weren't too long. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I would just like to take this time to tell the 1.63% of registered Soxtalkers who voted in the election how proud I am of their great dedication to civic duty.

:usa

I sure hope the pollworkers were able to handle the turnout and the lines weren't too long. :D

Soxtalk: We lead the cyberworld in apathy

or

Soxtalk: if it ain't the All-star game, we don't care about voting.