Lowell Trade Near?

Rex Hudler

3B Miguel Cabrera was pulled out of last night's Mudcats-Diamond Jaxx game in the 5th inning. The Florida Marlins will purchase Cabrera's contract and activate him before Friday night's game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Miami.

Cabrera finished hit Southern League season hitting .365 with a league-best 59 RBI.

3B Miguel Cabrera was pulled out of last night's Mudcats-Diamond Jaxx game in the 5th inning.  The Florida Marlins  will purchase Cabrera's contract  and activate him before Friday night's game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Miami.

Cabrera finished hit Southern League season hitting .365 with a league-best 59 RBI.

Sounds that way

3B Miguel Cabrera was pulled out of last night's Mudcats-Diamond Jaxx game in the 5th inning.  The Florida Marlins  will purchase Cabrera's contract  and activate him before Friday night's game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Miami.

Sounds that way

Could Jose Hernandez be a prelude to a second trade? Was he acquired just for depth? Could the Dodgers be sneaking in and scooping him up?

Anyone heard of any other possible suitors?

Sounds like its getting close.  The question is, will the Cubs or Dodgers get him. 

It could even be a 3 way with the Dodgers giving up the most and getting Lowell while the cubs give up much less and pull Beltre.

I hope the Scrubs get Beltre instead of Lowell, because Beltre is an overhyped, average player at best.

Sounds like its getting close.  The question is, will the Cubs or Dodgers get him. 

It could even be a 3 way with the Dodgers giving up the most and getting Lowell while the cubs give up much less and pull Beltre.

I hope the Scrubs get Beltre instead of Lowell, because Beltre is an overhyped, average player at best.

If I were the cubs and could get Beltre cheap, I'd rather do that simply because a change of scenery will do him good. Plus, I think the Marlins are asking for way too much.

Last I heard they were talking about getting three of the Cubs top top prospects and in their system thats like 3 #1 ranked prospects.

If I were the cubs and could get Beltre cheap, I'd rather do that simply because a change of scenery will do him good. Plus, I think the Marlins are asking for way too much.

Last I heard they were talking about getting three of the Cubs top top prospects and in their system thats like 3 #1 ranked prospects.

I agree, Marlins are trying to get way too much for Lowell. Sure, he is a good player, but will he ever have another season like this? The simple answer: No.

I agree, Marlins are trying to get way too much for Lowell.  Sure, he is a good player, but will he ever have another season like this?  The simple answer: No.

Of course thats the smart thing to do in a sense. Thats why I'd like to move Loaiza now if the Sox are out of contention. At this rate I don't know if he'll ever have a season or stretch like this again. While I like Esteban a whole lot, I realize that if this team starts crumbling, then it will be real tough to get them ready to contend again next year.

Without Colon, Carlos and Jose and if the Sox don't bring in replacements, it could be ugly.

Don't know why I mentioned Jose, lol. Colon or Carlos. This is just me thinking from JR's perspective. He spent money on this team this year and they haven't done crap, I think he's going to want to pull the plug on this and in all honesty for once I'd agree with him because I think that you could really rebuild this team quick, by keeping a few of the pieces around and getting a ton of major league ready guys.

Of course thats the smart thing to do in a sense.  Thats why I'd like to move Loaiza now if the Sox are out of contention.  At this rate I don't know if he'll ever have a season or stretch like this again.  While I like Esteban a whole lot, I realize that if this team starts crumbling, then it will be real tough to get them ready to contend again next year. 

Without Colon, Carlos and Jose and if the Sox don't bring in replacements, it could be ugly. 

Don't know why I mentioned Jose, lol.  Colon or Carlos.  This is just me thinking from JR's perspective.  He spent money on this team this year and they haven't done crap, I think he's going to want to pull the plug on this and in all honesty for once I'd agree with him because I think that you could really rebuild this team quick, by keeping a few of the pieces around and getting a ton of major league ready guys.

Good point, but then again, other teams know that Loaiza might not have another season like this and I doubt you're going to get a whole lot for him. Sure, you may get a pretty damn good prospect, but I'd like to have about 2 major league ready players for him at the rate he is going this season.

Of course thats the smart thing to do in a sense.  Thats why I'd like to move Loaiza now if the Sox are out of contention.  At this rate I don't know if he'll ever have a season or stretch like this again.  While I like Esteban a whole lot, I realize that if this team starts crumbling, then it will be real tough to get them ready to contend again next year. 

Don't know why I mentioned Jose, lol.  Colon or Carlos.  This is just me thinking from JR's perspective.  He spent money on this team this year and they haven't done crap, I think he's going to want to pull the plug on this and in all honesty for once I'd agree with him because I think that you could really rebuild this team quick, by keeping a few of the pieces around and getting a ton of major league ready guys.

Good point, but then again, other teams know that Loaiza might not have another season like this and I doubt you're going to get a whole lot for him. Sure, you may get a pretty damn good prospect, but I'd like to have about 2 major league ready players for him at the rate he is going this season.

Well I think if he was a free agent at the end of the year you could only get two.

The great thing about him is he's dirt cheap this year and you have a dirt cheap option (3.5 mill) on him next year. In all honesty for a team in the race its a no brainer.