Ear Candling

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)

I just read that, that's funny. I figured it was a practical joke to see if someone would a) stick a candle in their ear b ) pay for for it and c) actually believe that sticking a candle in your ear and lighting it could some how replace using a Q-tip...and yes, pay someone to supervise this action.

I mean, there's only one ear wax removing device for me...

I've done it. I have a buddy who swears by it. Recently I had some ear problems where the wax was so deeply imbedded from an illness that nothing I could do would get it out. I would wake up in the mornings deaf because the canals would seal up from lying on my sides. So, I caved in and bought some from the local health food store. They come to about $5 for two of them. I bought 4, 2 for my wife and 2 for me. I went home and did them. I didn't notice crap afterwards, other than a ton of wax in the candle bottom. But my wife said she did notice a difference. My buddy still swears by them, but I will never buy them again or recommend them to anybody. They do sound REAL cool as they get closer to your ear though.