Lugo to Red Sox

Mr. Showtime

So who are the Cubs going to platoon in center field now? ;)

Wasnt Julio Lugo an error machine last year? Boston isnt going to be exactly strong up the middle this upcoming year. Lugo can hit a little bit, but I thought he fell off when he was traded to LA.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Boston's defense got worse up the middle since Gonzalez is a stud there and Lugo is not (defensively speaking). I really don't understand why they are spending all this money on offense cause they need to upgrade the pitching staff.

Matz says hi.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
I meant in addition to that. They need to find a closer and could still use another pitcher. I wonder if Matt Clement will somehow show up this year.

They may very well wind up with Hansen closing for them surprisingly soon.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Wily Mo Pena is still available, if no Ramirez deal is struck contrary to ESPN Deportes' belief, I could see him being moved for Chad Cordero. Afterall, Jim Bowden loves him.

With the people in the Red Sox outfield (J.D. Drew), I'd make sure I kept a backup right handed outfield bat sitting around there, just in case, if I were theo.