I forget....

Iguana

Exactly, and up until last season that was Frank. Maggs has passed him now though but for how long is still a ???????

When I tell someone I am a Sox fan, season ticket holder, etc, etc..

The first thing out of the mouths is Frank's name, not Maggs.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Your opinion. Respected.

I call that a marquee player.

But in the same token.. the Sox have adamantly claimed that Frank is "their guy" and the team is built around him. So.. I guess he is both.

"was" should be the key word there, much as i like frank i dont recall frank has been their guy since the "kw" years.........maggs is/was his choice.....and who he choose to start building around........mho.......

Jerry has had no troubles continually calling Frank his guy.

You know as well as I that KW's thoughts and ideas are s***. Hense why Frank is still here and not playing elswhere ;)

jr is the reason that frank is here and not with danny evans in la.........the only reason... .kw tried to get rid of him and jr shipped him off to the dominican while he hammered out the deal with frank... but by no means is frank the so called "franchise player" anymore cause this team is not being built with him in mind for the long haul......that status has been passed on........so in that respect i do not see frank as the "franchise player" i see him as a marque type of guy....one name which brings the fans into the stadium, but not the guy who the team is built around.......

Oh.. :fyou HSC!!!

;)

no ouch.. its just my opinion.. and i respect yours.....frank is not the guy who the team is built around for the past few years........ its not like its new news.......

I wouldn't call Frank the franchise.  He's more or less been just a big piece over the past 5 years or so(except in 2000, when he carried his young team to a division crown, and gave Jerry Manuel manager of the year....what's Frank get for that? A runner-up in the MVP race and a player's choice of Comeback Player of the Year award....he deserved better, and should have bolted if he could have).  IMO, Maggs has been the franchise over the past couple years(once again, except in 2000).

Konerko has been nothing more then a 1-dimensional player who has played somewhat well over the past couple years, but has sucked for about 11 straight months now.

This is what i meant. When you said Sox, you automatically thought of Frank....no one ever thinks of PK.

About Maggs, yea, you are right. He has been the most consistent the last few years but still, when you think of the Sox, you think Frank Thomas.

and yes, i would build a team around Frank at FIRST BASE. he is good enough, IMO, in the field and he put up AMAZING numbers.

Frank most certianly has been a "franchise player" I have no clue what the other poster is talking about.

Paul has been here 3 years but has sucked donkey balls since July of last year. His poor hip...

Besides 2000, when in the past 5 or 6 season has Frank been a franchise player?

I'll give you the mid 90's when he won two MVP's, but the past 4 seasons, Mags has been the franchise player, not Frank.

Abozichiu is right..... Frank hasn't been the franchise player for sometime now. If you build around anybody, it's Maggs.

The Frank Thomas merry go round again. Frank Thomas is simply the best, the most powerful, the most prolific hitter in White Sox history. Like I've said he's tried my patience at times but I'd much rather have a beer with Frank than a rum and coke with you know who. Whatever mistakes he's made he's paid a much heavier price in the court of public opinion than he deserves. You have no idea how much baseball history would be changed if Frank had come along in the Go Go years. He was the piece of the puzzle we lacked. We almost always had excellent pitching, speed and team defense. We just didn't have the big sticks the Yanks had. He sure as hell meets my definition of a "franchise" player. Maggs has the potential to top Franks accomplishments. Only time will tell.

The name of that thread that were talking about a 'love affair' with Jimenez that should be : 'love affair' with PK. He had 2 good years with us and you all love him and defend him like no other. Look at his numbers, it is horrible. He is the worst hitter in the major and he is the one that we should point fingers, DJ is playing s*** on the defense, but PK is a s*** on all the aspects of the game.

The Frank Thomas merry go round again. Frank Thomas is simply the best, the most powerful, the most prolific hitter in White Sox history. Like I've said he's tried my patience at times but I'd much rather have a beer with Frank than a rum and coke with you know who. Whatever mistakes he's made he's paid a much heavier price in the court of public opinion than he deserves. You have no idea how much baseball history would be changed if Frank had come along in the Go Go years. He was the piece of the puzzle we lacked. We almost always had excellent pitching, speed and team defense. We just didn't have the big sticks the Yanks had.  He sure as hell meets my definition of a "franchise" player. Maggs has the potential to top Franks accomplishments. Only time will tell.

I only said Maggs was the franchise player because, quite frankly, time is more on the side of Maggs. Not to mention, Big Frank hasn't put up his earlier numbers in 3.5 of the last 4.5 seasons.

He had 2 good years with us and you all love him and defend him like no other. Look at his numbers, it is horrible. He is the worst hitter in the major and he is the one that we should point fingers, DJ is playing s*** on the defense, but PK is a s*** on all the aspects of the game.

Don't know what board you've been reading but it has been a long time since anyone has had anything nice to say about PK. If a poster saying, "I hope PK snaps out of it," is defending to the death, then..... yeah..... everyone here loves PK and will defend his honor to the death :rolleyes:

The name of that thread that were talking about a 'love affair' with Jimenez that should be : 'love affair' with PK. He had 2 good years with us and you all love him and defend him like no other. Look at his numbers, it is horrible. He is the worst hitter in the major and he is the one that we should point fingers, DJ is playing s*** on the defense, but PK is a s*** on all the aspects of the game.

You really seemed to be obsessed with raging on PK and singing the praises of DJ. PK has struggled, yes, but it gets old hearing it all the time. As for Jiminez, he is not nearly as good as you think he is. He had a decent 6 weeks, at the beginning of the year, but his production has been on a steady decline since then.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You really seemed to be obsessed with raging on PK and singing the praises of DJ.  PK has struggled, yes, but it gets old hearing it all the time.  As for Jiminez, he is not nearly as good as you think he is.  He had a decent 6 weeks, at the beginning of the year, but his production has been on a steady decline since then.

hmm are you starting to fall to one side of that fence?????? :huh: me thinks its starting to look alot like it...... :D dont worry the cushion is down to soften your fall........