Rumor: Houston interested in Garcia

AbeFroman

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
It's amazing how much his name comes up on this board,and how much hate Pods get(not saying he doesn't deserve it)

Look at the numbers folks....

I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. I'm only suggesting that Houston may make us an offer possibly including him. I'm not advocating him, or anyone else on the Astro's roster at all.

yeesh...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
:)

Not calling you out or anything, but Taveras seems to be a very popular name when talking about Houston, and he might be the most similar players to Pods in the league. For as much venom as the "Pods Re-signed" thread had, I'm just surprised so many people seem to have interest in him.

The Devil you know vs. the Devil you don't know.

These names would probably come into play I'd imagine;

Jason Hirsh

Troy Patton

The C prospect (can't remember his name, but I posted it before in the Winter Meeting Thread).

Hunter Pence.

Chris Burke

Brad Lidge

Willy Taveras

Choose 2 or 3 out of there.

EDIT: And if the Sox traded Crede, they could target Morgan Ensberg as a replacement, while his value is down.

Hirsch, Lidge and Burke? LMMFAO...I'd do backflips to get that bucket of talent. It won't happen though.

Houston is probably lowballing us like Philly and offering up Mike Lamb and Willie Tavares...put Burke and Hirsch in there or get to walking.

I would like Troy Patton and Nieve. Nieve would be for the pen this year, and possibly for the rotation in 2008--Patton for the near future, starting the year in AA. Yet I could see the Astros wanting to part with Chad Qualls and Patton, though.