The "Whatever Happened to..." Thread

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Would you believe that the Bandito was a Tex Avery creation? One of his last.

Jessica Rabbit should be everybodies generation. Greatest female cartoon creation ever. Followed only by Red from the Tex Avery toons.

Wow. I had no Idea the Bandito was Avery. And one of the great things about Roger Rabbit in general is all the Avery homages in there.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Agree on Ray Raynor. I always associated these two clips with Garfield Goose, instead of Ray Raynor. A tip of the hat to Frazier Thomas as well.

I think of those as belonging to the Garfield Goose set of memories as well. Back when there was just Frazier Thomas with his his cool jacket with the medals and epauletts. Before he took over the Bozo ringmester gig from that scary, scary Ringmaster Ned.

garfieldgoose.jpg

Ringmaster Ned scared the cr@p out of me. :ph34r:

So. . . what about these guys??

V V V V

BJdlx2.jpg

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
I think of those as belonging to the Garfield Goose set of memories as well. Back when there was just Frazier Thomas with his his cool jacket with the medals and epauletts. Before he took over the Bozo ringmester gig from that scary, scary Ringmaster Ned.

garfieldgoose.jpg

Ringmaster Ned scared the cr@p out of me. :ph34r:

So. . . what about these guys??

V V V V

BJdlx2.jpg

THERE'S NO MAIL!!!

Oh man, Gigglesnort was the best.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
Bozo circus, now that was a scary place. Let's just start with the relay race where boys had to put on dresses and heels and run. ;)

My kid brother was selected to be in the cardboard box relay race the one and only time we were in the studio audience for a Bozo taping. This was a relay race variant where each kid had two boxes and had to step out of one box and into the other, then reach around and grab the first box, put it in front of them and repeat until they made it to the otther side.

Well, my bro's team had it in the bag, ahead by half a lap, and there were some killer take-home prizes at stake (including Silly Putty, I'm sure). Then – and no disrespect to your fine organization, Tex – this kid on my bro's team in full Cub Scout uniform, stops at the turn-around of his lap, and takes 10 seconds to reach deep in there and pull the underwear out of his arse before finishing, costing them the race and that sweet, sweet Silly Putty.

:crying :crying

:D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
My kid brother was selected to be in the cardboard box relay race the one and only time we were in the studio audience for a Bozo taping. This was a relay race variant where each kid had two boxes and had to step out of one box and into the other, then reach around and grab the first box, put it in front of them and repeat until they made it to the otther side.

Well, my bro's team had it in the bag, ahead by half a lap, and there were some killer take-home prizes at stake (including Silly Putty, I'm sure). Then – and no disrespect to your fine organization, Tex – this kid on my bro's team in full Cub Scout uniform, stops at the turn-around of his lap, and takes 10 seconds to reach deep in there and pull the underwear out of his arse before finishing, costing them the race and that sweet, sweet Silly Putty.

This kid had to grow up to be a Cub fan.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)

I don't know how much I believe you. Maybe it was a time difference. My sister was also in one of these races (circa 1979). Her team won, and all they brought back were big banks full of Tootise Rolls. As we later found out, the Circus gave the better prize to the losing team to make up for the fact that they suck, and the winners got the junk because winning was a good enough prize. My sister was sooooo pissed. I had just bought 4 packs of Star Wars cards that day, so I didn't give a rats ass no matter what.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 07:25 AM)
I don't know how much I believe you.

Bah. Time stood still while that kid picked his seat. And I'm certain the prizes lost were all that and much, much more. :P

Seriously, I agree the Bozo prize packages were pretty underwhelming, even to me as a kif back then. But then abain there was always the chance they'd toss in a Slinky or some Silly Putty or maybe a deck of Marshall Brodine TV Magic Cards, so that was big time by my 9-year-old way of thinking.

Man, you and your Silly Putty. Would you believe though that I have an egg of it sitting right in front of me on my desk? But then aagain, I also have a mini-Rubiks Cube, about 30 superballs, a rubber stretchy Creature From The Black Lagoon and a Wolf-Man, a yo-yo, a bunch of mini Godzilla (and Baragon) and Gamera toys, and a little Green Goblin (which will be going home to my Spider-Man freak son).

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
What ever happened to this man, the ultimate 80's powerhungry dork/a-hole?

What ever happened to Roger Rabbit?

What ever happened to Pop Rocks Gum?

What ever happened to the Transformers(ie why oh why the years of computer generated cartoons where no one moved their mouths? The new movie by Michael Bay better rock.)

I saw a traier like a year ago for a mivie coming out about Transformers.