Garcia to Philly for Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez

BobDylan

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Sox are among a couple of teams this week that have contacted the Orioles about Miguel Tejada.

The Angels weren't one of them, according to the report. The Orioles probably aren't trading Tejada, though the Sun speculates they could be interested in package including Jon Garland, Juan Uribe and a top youngster.

It's just getting worse and worse....

Didn't Ozzie talk to the press about trading starting pitching. He said that A-Rod is the "type" of player that they would want for a starter. Rowand, who he loves was not the "type" of player that they would trade starting pitching for. I believe I saw this on Comcast. I am asking myself - These two minor league players are the "type" of players we get for a starter - What changed?

I am hoping that KW's quote about The White Sox are still open for business is his way of telling us to wait out this B.S.

Its over-reaction city here at Soxtalk.

Its the first week of December, half the people here had a stroke when we got rid of Gio.

and lets take a look at other possible deals before we s*** the bed.

The White Sox reportedly weren't willing to part with Brandon McCarthy in talks regarding Rocco Baldelli.

Did they really think Tampa Bay would be interested in Freddy Garcia? McCarthy has to be on the table if the White Sox are going to make a major deal with a rebuilding club.

I wonder if Tampa would say take a Gavin Floyd/Gio/prospect combo. Relax people. Half the names we had seen as trade matches for Garcia were our bulls*** and conjecture anyways. They gave up this for a one year rental. Garcia is not signed for a few years. He is a one year rental. Keep remembering that.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
The White Sox are among a couple of teams this week that have contacted the Orioles about Miguel Tejada.

The Angels weren't one of them, according to the report. The Orioles probably aren't trading Tejada, though the Sun speculates they could be interested in package including Jon Garland, Juan Uribe and a top youngster.

Enough is enough. I don't want Kenny trading anymore starting pitching. One botch job is all I can take for one offseason.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)

It'll never happen.

Miguel Tejada-SS- Orioles Dec. 6 - 11:35 pm et

The White Sox are among a couple of teams this week that have contacted the Orioles about Miguel Tejada.The White Sox are among a couple of teams this week that have contacted the Orioles about Miguel Tejada.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Garland isn't going anywhere now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:42 AM)
Apparently he forgot about the 2-7 hitters on the Sox. Let him be.

Our 2-7 is good...it's the other 33 pct that worries me about our offense. We can't go into this season hoping that Dye/Thome/PK produce the way they have, and I'm worried that AJP is on the decline already.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Didn't Ozzie talk to the press about trading starting pitching. He said that A-Rod is the "type" of player that they would want for a starter. Rowand, who he loves was not the "type" of player that they would trade starting pitching for. I believe I saw this on Comcast. I am asking myself - These two minor league players are the "type" of players we get for a starter - What changed?

I am hoping that KW's quote about The White Sox are still open for business is his way of telling us to wait out this B.S.

where did you see this? This gives me some hope

I'm not a big Gavin Floyd fan but I think he's the type of guy that needs a change of scenery and I'll take Gio over any of the prospects you all talked about aside from Danks/Hurley/Pelfrey so I really am not that dissapointed.

Especially because i think we will see Floyd and someone moved for Baldelli.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
I'm thinking Gavin is going to be in the bullpen as the long reliever: Bobby, Thornton, MacD, Aaaaaaaaardsma, Boone, Gavin. That would be my guess as of right now.

Well...if that's true, then KW has failed in improving our bullpen.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
The next trade or signing that KW makes will have one of two effects on me. I will either be jumping for joy, or ripping the towel rack off of my wall and smashing my dresser with it.

Don't keep me hanging on...make the move as soon as possible.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Do it quickly and don't leave us hanging, Kenny.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who gives a hoot about the f***in Cubs

I wish Freddy the best! Thanks for making our beloved Chicago White Sox a World Series Champion!

I bet he will be eager to face 7 men lineups in the NL.

So wondering what the next move will be...hmmm...let the speculation begin...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
It'll never happen.

I hope like hell you're right....Garland, Uribe, and a "top youngster" for a slow, poor fielding yet good hitting SS?

MAKES NO SENSE...hell, at this rate, Gavin Floyd may be our opening day starter.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:46 AM)
I'm not a big Gavin Floyd fan but I think he's the type of guy that needs a change of scenery and I'll take Gio over any of the prospects you all talked about aside from Danks/Hurley/Pelfrey so I really am not that dissapointed.

Here's my ideal move: Fields and Floyd for Baldelli, Sox re-sign Crede.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)

HEY J~!

Agreed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Our 2-7 is good...it's the other 33 pct that worries me about our offense. We can't go into this season hoping that Dye/Thome/PK produce the way they have, and I'm worried that AJP is on the decline already.

I know this isn't a thread about Cubs/Sox comparisons, but the Cubs line-up strikes out WAY too much for my liking. It's really noticable in innings 7-9, if a team has a quality bull-pen, they come in and the Cubs K like there's no tomorrow. Cubs have a great fantasy line-up, but with a ton of Ks and not a great OBP, they don't do much for me on the field

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Equal I would say. I was actually pleasantly surprised with McCarthy's value over the last month.

Yes and another thing, Mcarthy has not proven a damn thing. He could pitch like crap next year. He most certainly won't win 18 games. Why does everyone think Mcarthy is so great. He has not proven anything. he had a few good starts two years ago. Rex Grossman had a few good starts this year. so what. Gio will be the replacement for cotts in the pen. Is he better than cotts? NO. So how are we better? we are not. Gavin floyd, what a joke.

QUOTE(PhilliesBuff @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Imagine if McCarthy came to the majors and laid a total egg, went to the minors and laid an egg again. Thats what Floyd felt like to us.

Um, that pretty much happened. Then, they found the flaw, fixed his mechanics, and he got back to dominating. If they can do the same with Gavin Floyd...