Fashion question

Steff

LOL.. can you tell I'm desperate??

Guys.. what would you consider capri pants? The ones that go to the knee, or the ones that go a little longer than mid calf? And if it's the knee length ones, what would you call the ones that go to the mid calf?

The company is in a uproar because all of a sudden "capri pants" are not allowed.

I asked what the definition of "capri pants" was and was told that both lengths are unacceptable.

I have at least 15 pairs of mid calf length tailored $40 pants.. and I wear them a LOT.

I need an argument, so I thought I'd take it to the best arguers I know ;)

What do you guys think?

wonder why Jas and I are fashion experts - that's a little odd - :o :lol: :ph34r:

Jas is right about being midcalf or lower, near the ankle - as manager of the office where I am employed, I would make a big distinction between stretch capri pants as sold to people who really shouldn't wear anytthing strecth as opposed to tailored. I think you are SOL unless you can get the directive changed to not ban tailored clothes. In the summer, in the heat, an employee who wears tailored capri pants with the right blouse or top and regular footwear (not 3 inch spiked heels) would be perfectly fine business wise in this office - the intent of their directive has got to be to ban the just came from the bowling alley look but if they are tailored that is not the look at all. So I'd ask for clarification and appeal to have the ban not include tailored stuff.

Of course I am sitting here in my Sox road jersey but that is the perk of being office manager.

That and I get to Hawaiian shirts everyday are the only perks I have...

you'd be surprised how well hawiian shirts go over with clients - since mine are always professionally cleaned and pressed and lightly starched it looks real casual-friendly business somehow and our clients like that as opposed to the usual stuffy law office apparel everyone else wears in every other law office.

wonder why Jas and I are fashion experts - that's a little odd -  :o  :lol:  :ph34r:

Jas is right about being midcalf or lower, near the ankle - as manager of the office where I am employed, I would make a big distinction between stretch capri pants as sold to people who really shouldn't wear anytthing strecth as opposed to tailored.  I think you are SOL unless you can get the directive changed to not ban tailored clothes.  In the summer, in the heat, an employee who wears tailored capri pants with the right blouse or top and regular footwear (not 3 inch spiked heels) would be perfectly fine business wise in this office - the intent of their directive has got to be to ban the just came from the bowling alley look but if they are tailored that is not the look at all.    So I'd ask for clarification and appeal to have the ban not include tailored stuff.

Of course I am sitting here in my Sox road jersey but that is the perk of being office manager.

you'd be surprised how well hawiian shirts go over with clients - since mine are always professionally cleaned and pressed and lightly starched it looks real casual-friendly business somehow and our clients like that as opposed to the usual stuffy law office apparel everyone else wears in every other law office.

Yeah Friday is Hawaiian shirt day, so if you want to wear a Hawaiian shirt, that would be great...

wonder why Jas and I are fashion experts - that's a little odd -  :o  :lol:  :ph34r:

Jas is right about being midcalf or lower, near the ankle - as manager of the office where I am employed, I would make a big distinction between stretch capri pants as sold to people who really shouldn't wear anytthing strecth as opposed to tailored.  I think you are SOL unless you can get the directive changed to not ban tailored clothes.  In the summer, in the heat, an employee who wears tailored capri pants with the right blouse or top and regular footwear (not 3 inch spiked heels) would be perfectly fine business wise in this office - the intent of their directive has got to be to ban the just came from the bowling alley look but if they are tailored that is not the look at all.    So I'd ask for clarification and appeal to have the ban not include tailored stuff.

Yeah Friday is Hawaiian shirt day, so if you want to wear a Hawaiian shirt, that would be great...

That brings back some memories. Hawaiin Shirt day and no panty Thursday.

We banned all stretch type clothing. Capri pants have not been banned as long as they are stretchy and not too tight. *sigh* Unfortunately we had some employees who didn't understand they did not have the physique for stretchy clothes.

Are skirts allowed? Are dresses allowed? A skin tight short black cocktail dress would be worse. The length should not be the issue, the issue should be if the clothes are reveiling by the lack of coverage or by being too tight. Too bad companies can't use common sense as a guide anymore.

I wore plain old line shirst from Land Ends for years and years and years andyears and looked very bland. The switch to Hawaiian shirts caught everyone by surprise but now it is expected that's what I will do. The thing is, I can't figure out why I like Hawaiian shirts at work. I must have like 20 or 30, so I always have some while the other ones are at the cleaners. I can't even look at them in the store because I want to buy more. I am not a Hawaiian shirt type of guy so whatever I like about them, impossible to understand.

A few pigs brought on this s***. I'm sorry but when you are 5' 5" 150lbs.. you can NOT wear a size 2!

I'm wearing them anyway. Fire me. I will enjoy the summer by the pool thank you very much.

f***ers.

Damn, I just go to work in whatever I feel like. :D

If I know I have a meeting or something important, I'll throw on something nice. Usually I just go from school to work.

I mainly do IT and Managerial crap, and usually all our stuff with clients is via phone. Hell a lot of the time I'm pimin my Sox hat :headbang

If I know I have a meeting or something important, I'll throw on something nice.  Usually I just go from school to work. 

I mainly do IT and Managerial crap, and usually all our stuff with clients is via phone.  Hell a lot of the time I'm pimin my Sox hat  :headbang

Yeah.. all those IT f***ers wear jeans EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

And the capris on yahoo were like 3 inches below the knee. The "short pants" I have are like 2 inches above the ankle and they say those are not allowed.

Ugh! Jim and I are having a serious talk when he gets home from California. I can NOT work under these conditions!

If I know I have a meeting or something important, I'll throw on something nice.  Usually I just go from school to work. 

I mainly do IT and Managerial crap, and usually all our stuff with clients is via phone.  Hell a lot of the time I'm pimin my Sox hat  :headbang

Jason, I hate ya! I've gotta wear a red shirt and Khakis at work...

Kapris are Pants that aren't shorts or slacks.

Guest hotsoxchick1

capris??? i dont get it.. either wear f***in pants or wear shorts.. whats with this half way s***........ :huh: lol.......... :D

Guys.. what would you consider capri pants? The ones that go to the knee, or the ones that go a little longer than mid calf? And if it's the knee length ones, what would you call the ones that go to the mid calf?

The company is in a uproar because all of a sudden "capri pants" are not allowed.

I asked what the definition of "capri pants" was and was told that both lengths are unacceptable.

I have at least 15 pairs of mid calf length tailored $40 pants.. and I wear them a LOT.

I need an argument, so I thought I'd take it to the best arguers I know  ;)

What do you guys think?

On you, I'd classy either type as "sexy". :D

BTW, when I was growing up they were called pedal pushers.

Guest hotsoxchick1

What do you guys think?

lol.. showin ya age there huh hon????? :D

capris??? i dont get it.. either wear f***in pants or  wear shorts.. whats with this half way s***........ :huh:  lol.......... :D

Or just don't wear any pants at all.

What do you guys think?

Oh YAS... you're making me blush here!!

For s***s and giggles I picked up a couple different "working women" mags yesterday.. and in every single one of them there are corporate females wearing them. I hate to rock the boat, but I have like 20 pairs and they were not cheap. I am NOT, not going to wear them. Our company is so NOT "formal business" and I think it's bulls*** that they are trying to make us into some "firm like" atmosphere. I guess you'd have to know the company path over the past 3 years to understand why this irritates me so bad.

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it.

BTW and FWIW if you quietly wear them no one will probably complain except the 5'5" piglet and even then it may not cause any concern.

A "you mean these?" may go farther then a stick it in your arse approach.

just my .02 YMMV

Guest hotsoxchick1
I work at a golf course so I gotta wear a white polo shirt and khaki pants. Makes me look like a nerd... :angry:

your a nerd only if you cut them half way off and wear black socks and sandles with them........ ;)