Fashion question

Steff

LOL.. can you tell I'm desperate??

Guys.. what would you consider capri pants? The ones that go to the knee, or the ones that go a little longer than mid calf? And if it's the knee length ones, what would you call the ones that go to the mid calf?

The company is in a uproar because all of a sudden "capri pants" are not allowed.

I asked what the definition of "capri pants" was and was told that both lengths are unacceptable.

I have at least 15 pairs of mid calf length tailored $40 pants.. and I wear them a LOT.

I need an argument, so I thought I'd take it to the best arguers I know  ;)

What do you guys think?

On you, I'd classy either type as "sexy". :D

BTW, when I was growing up they were called pedal pushers.

lol.. showin ya age there huh hon????? :D

I'm not afraid to show my age. I consider each and every year an accomplishment. :)

I got some further input into what capri's are, or aren't.

Capri's are longer then the knee, but not longer then mid calf. The pants that I have, which are approx 2 inches above the ankle are called "crop pants". Which means... :fyou HR Department and I am wearing them!!

:D

Capri's are longer then the knee, but not longer then mid calf. The pants that I have, which are approx 2 inches above the ankle are called "crop pants". Which means...  :fyou HR Department and I am wearing them!!

Gotta love loop holes. BTW HR departments hate stuff like this. No way to win for them.

Capri's are longer then the knee, but not longer then mid calf. The pants that I have, which are approx 2 inches above the ankle are called "crop pants". Which means...  :fyou HR Department and I am wearing them!!

Gotta love loop holes. BTW HR departments hate stuff like this. No way to win for them.

Then they should just keep their mouths shut!

There are ways to address the 200lb ladies wearing stretch pants.. they are just spineless and refuse to do it.

Morons.

There are ways to address the 200lb ladies wearing stretch pants.. they are just spineless and refuse to do it.

Morons.

And almost all of those ways winds up in court. If they stop the 200 pounder in a size 8 they have to stop the true size 4. Shame really that people don't have common sense and understand proper business dress.

Morons.

And almost all of those ways winds up in court. If they stop the 200 pounder in a size 8 they have to stop the true size 4. Shame really that people don't have common sense and understand proper business dress.

Actually.. it's in the employee handbook that clothing which makes "panty lines" visible is NOT allowed. They read it. They agreed to it. They signed it.

I don't see where there's any argument. HR is just a bunch of sissy's!

Even if you agree to something, if later it is proven to be discriminatory or illegal in some way, the company is still responsible. Parties in a contract can not agree to break the law. You can agree to give up rights but can not agree to break a law.

Using panty lines as a guide is interesting. Not to be to graphic but would they object to natural features being outlined? If someone complained could the offending party have just removed his/her panties?

Even if you agree to something, if later it is proven to be discriminatory or illegal in some way, the company is still responsible. Parties in a contract can not agree to break the law. You can agree to give up rights but can not agree to break a law.

Using panty lines as a guide is interesting. Not to be to graphic but would they object to natural features being outlined? If someone complained could the offending party have just removed his/her panties?

COMMANDO!!!! :headbang

I suppose they could have. But that's the way it's written. And it was written (that the right word?) with the help of employee reps who took the ideas back to their departments and stuff like this was voted into the book. I was no part of the process.. but since I am not effected by 95% of the book I don't care.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I suppose they could have. But that's the way it's written. And it was written (that the right word?) with the help of employee reps who took the ideas back to their departments and stuff like this was voted into the book. I was no part of the process.. but since I am not effected by 95% of the book I don't care.

panty lines????? omfg lmao......who comes up with this stuff... do they hand out thongs as part of the uniform???? lol :D :lol:

panty lines????? omfg lmao......who comes up with this stuff... do they hand out thongs as part of the uniform???? lol :D :lol:

and if they do, where do I apply for HR?

Guest hotsoxchick1

and if they do, where do I apply for HR?

lol... no s***......i want a hr job there.......