Soxtalk Election 11-15-06 - 12-8-06

sox4lifeinPA

Just for fairness, here are the rules:

--First part with be the establishment of platforms (which will also show us who is running). THESE WILL CLOSE ON 11/22.

--After that thread is filled with everyone's platforms, the next thread will be a shortened up version of the debates we tried here a while back - this will be much more brief and simple in this case. THESE WILL BE MODERATED AND DESIGNED BY SOXY AND SS2K5, AND WILL OCCUR THE WEEK OF 11/26 TO 12/1.

--DURING THAT WEEK, AN ENDORSEMENTS-ONLY THREAD WILL BE OPENED UP.

--STARTING ON 12/1, A THREAD WILL BE OPENED FOR EACH CANDIDATE TO MAKE ONE FINAL POST?ADVERTISEMENT.

--Then we vote - I'll set it up as a poll. PRIMARY ELECTION IS ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF DECEMBER, WHICH IS 12/5. IT RUNS THROUGH 12/7.

--Everyone can vote, but, since its such a small crowd, you may NOT vote for yourself

--AFTER THE PRIMARY ELECTION, THE TOP HALF (rounded up) OF VOTE-GETTERS WILL MOVE ON TO THE FINAL ELECTION.

--IF 10 OR MORE CANDIDATES ENTER THE ELECTION, WE MAY ADD ANOTHER PRIMARY ROUND.

--THE FINAL ELECTION IS ONE WEEK AFTER THE PRIMARY - 12/12 THRU 12/14.

--The person with the most votes wins the Presidency, second most wins Vice President

--THE NEW PREZ AND VP SHOULD CHOOSE THEIR CABINETS AT THIS POINT.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Just for fairness, here are the rules:

--First part with be the establishment of platforms (which will also show us who is running). THESE WILL CLOSE ON 11/22.

--After that thread is filled with everyone's platforms, the next thread will be a shortened up version of the debates we tried here a while back - this will be much more brief and simple in this case. THESE WILL BE MODERATED AND DESIGNED BY SOXY AND SS2K5, AND WILL OCCUR THE WEEK OF 11/26 TO 12/1.

--DURING THAT WEEK, AN ENDORSEMENTS-ONLY THREAD WILL BE OPENED UP.

--STARTING ON 12/1, A THREAD WILL BE OPENED FOR EACH CANDIDATE TO MAKE ONE FINAL POST?ADVERTISEMENT.

--Then we vote - I'll set it up as a poll. PRIMARY ELECTION IS ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF DECEMBER, WHICH IS 12/5. IT RUNS THROUGH 12/7.

--Everyone can vote, but, since its such a small crowd, you may NOT vote for yourself

--AFTER THE PRIMARY ELECTION, THE TOP HALF (rounded up) OF VOTE-GETTERS WILL MOVE ON TO THE FINAL ELECTION.

--IF 10 OR MORE CANDIDATES ENTER THE ELECTION, WE MAY ADD ANOTHER PRIMARY ROUND.

--THE FINAL ELECTION IS ONE WEEK AFTER THE PRIMARY - 12/12 THRU 12/14.

--The person with the most votes wins the Presidency, second most wins Vice President

--THE NEW PREZ AND VP SHOULD CHOOSE THEIR CABINETS AT THIS POINT.

Not fair, quotin' rules and such like that!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I suppose I should select a Cabinet now that number two declined to run and that I, too, then, will not be running since I have no opponent and don't want to run against anyone but Rex if THAT's the rules?

The title of the thread is what it is. Everything about the Soxtalk Election is OVA.