Sox lock up MacDougal for 3 years

Kalapse

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Welcome aboard :cheers

Thanks man. I appreciate it. :cheers

I think what led to this deal was 2 things.

He likes what hes sees with the Sox and likes his role.

He has had arm problems the last 2 years so he could'nt ask for much anyway.

Either way he is very important to us and thats gotta be one of the best the 2 set-up/ closer combo in baseball. Gonna be hard to top those 3.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
sounds good. hopefully we can have a solid 1-2-3 punch in Thorton, Macdougal and Jenks for a long time. Now we need to figure out the bottom 3... i dunno about you guys but Aardsema, Floyd, and Haegar just isn't appealing to me. Lets at least get 1 more veteran for down there.

Keith Foulke

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Beautiful contract.

Especially when you consider a Chad Bradford gets a 3 year $10M deal.

IF MacDougall can stay healthy throughout the majority of the contract, it's a huge steal, but even if he gets injured from time to time, it's still goin to look like a pretty good deal.

What would it take to acquire Mike Gonzalez? He would make the bullpen one of the league's best. Apparently he was offered to the Braves for LaRoche straight up. He missed time last year w/ elbow tendinitis, but now has a clean bill of health. His numbers look great especially for playing for the Pirates and in PNC. Floyd/Rogowski maybe?

Edited by Chet Lemon

QUOTE(Chet Lemon @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
What would it take to acquire Mike Gonzalez? He would make the bullpen one of the league's best. Apparently he was offered to the Braves for LaRoche straight up. He missed time last year w/ elbow tendinitis, but now has a clean bill of health. His numbers look great especially for playing for the Pirates and in PNC. Floyd/Rogowski maybe?

Wouldn't think that would be enough.

Sweeney and Floyd would probably get the Pirates interested though. They're really after a LHH power hitter.

Very nice. The offseason has been going quite well - Cotts wasn't going to be dependable anyway, we got solid talent for Freddy who was an FA waiting to happen, we get McD for cheap, and we've resigned some solid bench pieces in Ozuna and Gload.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else happens.

Robert Meiklejohn MacDougal: signed 3-year deal worth $6.45M thru 2009 season on 12/8/06- + he receives salaries of $1.5M in 2007, $1.95M in 2008 and $2.65M in 2009- + the deal includes a team option for 2010 worth $3.75M or a $350K buyout- + 2006 salary: $430K, 2005: $352K

Agent: Service Time: 2.104

Meiklejohn?