Bob Bradley named interim USA Soccer coach

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
Jurgen Klinnsman wanted nothing to do with the US team. A tough European coach would have done the US team wonders.

You should go all out for Guus Hiddink. Contract with Russia finishes up after the European Championships.

But I think he actually wants to come back and coach Australia, and I think that's what's going to go down.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
You should go all out for Guus Hiddink. Contract with Russia finishes up after the European Championships.

But I think he actually wants to come back and coach Australia, and I think that's what's going to go down.

Nope, I'm happy with Javier Clemente. ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
Jurgen Klinnsman wanted nothing to do with the US team. A tough European coach would have done the US team wonders.

Sunil Gulati is the reason that Jurgen is not on the team. Jurgen wanted what real coaches get, a say over the development in the youth system and basicallly GM like powers over the US program. This is what real programs do, and this is why our team will be minnows once again. To develop a world class national team, you have to build it with one vision, and one goal. But the USSF wants its control, and they want a puppet. So Bruce Arena, I mean Bradley will coach. Bradley is a defensive minded coach that preaches ball control, and no risks. In other words he is Bruce Arena. We will qualify again for the WC, and then we will get destroyed by whatever decent talent is in the cup because we will sit back on our heals waiting for a shot. Oh and Bradleys kid will be on the team, book it. The teams will be more MLS based, and will be even worse. This is absolutely the worst decision they could make. This was a dumb move, and is based on Sunil's lack of vision and understanding of the world game.

This quote is pretty much the mindset of Gulati.

Gulati " Prospective coaches need to understand the "mindset of the American player."

You mean the mindset that has Landon Donovan not showing up at big matches. Yeah we want to keep that up.