Thank you, Freddy

Steve9347

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Without him, we never win the WS in '05. That team was so special, because everybody did something that cannot be forgotten to help lead them to the promise land. I will never foget game four Freddy, bases loaded and you got out of it.

Can Garcia rise up?

Thanks, Freddy, for everything 2005 meant to all of us.

I liked Jayson Stark's take on the trade. Last year it felt like we were just adding something on top of the old team. This seems to be a much bigger change. I like the change, but it's still strange watching one of the big pieces leave.

Props to Steve for creating this thread. Say what you want, but the guy won 41 games in his 2 1/2 years (not including his remarkable posteason) with the Sox. He took the ball every 5th day and, for the most part, gave us a chance to win everytime out. Freddy will indeed be missed. Have fun dominating the pathetic crap that is the NL.

Edit: Oh, and I'll never forget the game he threw against the Twins in August (I think) of '05. One of the top 3 or 4 pitching performances I've ever seen from a White Sox pitcher.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Props to Steve for creating this thread. Say what you want, but the guy won 41 games in his 2 1/2 years (not including his remarkable posteason) with the Sox. He took the ball every 5th day and, for the most part, gave us a chance to win everytime out. Freddy will indeed be missed. Have fun dominating the pathetic crap that is the NL.

Edit: Oh, and I'll never forget the game he threw against the Twins in August (I think) of '05. One of the top 3 or 4 pitching performances I've ever seen from a White Sox pitcher.

Heck of a job, Freddy. I agree, say what you will about his first inning troubles, he did a hell of a job in his time here.

Here's to maybe seeing you again sometime down the road, old friend.

Thank You Freddy for that memorable October evening in Houston, Texas. "And that's a White Sox winner and a World Championship!!"

Best of luck with Philadelphia.

You have only been with the Phillies a couple of days and already we miss you!! :crying :crying :crying!!

Thanks for the memories. :crying

Thanks Freddie, you were awesome.

Even in a bad year you toss consecutive one hitters for the first time in franchise

history.

Amazing stuff.

So many wanted you gone even though you won 17.

I guess it's time for Brandon. I hope he can do the job.

Good luck Freddie.