Thank you, Freddy

Steve9347

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 08:09 AM)
:huh:

He wasn't getting at that, at all. You asked if anyone missed Olivo, and I agree with Jordan when he says Miggy would make a great backup C right now.

It doesnt mean we didnt win the deal. Kenny cleaned up on that deal...

Ok :cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely one of my favorite Sox players over the past years, Big Game Freddy is how I'll remember the guy.

I think Fred got somewhat of a raw deal by some fans last season, as he pitched his ass off for us in 2005 and then also had to come back early for 2006 for the WBC.

Nonetheless, I'll always root for Freddy and remember his game 4 masterpiece.

Good luck in Philly Freddy and here's to a great 2007 campaign for you.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

I loved Freddy in our rotation....dude was a nails pitcher. He took the ball every day, was as durable as teflon, and after it appeared he lost his velocity came back with another secondary pitch that allowed him to regain command.

His game 4 WS performance was a masterpiece and his name will live forever in White Sox history. Much luck to big Freddy in Philly and I am totally rooting for him to kick ass for the Phillies this year.

Muchas gracias senor Garcia. :cheers

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
I was there for his four-outs-from perfect game.

Easy to admire, easy to hate on, but there was no '05 without Sweaty Freddy.

And I was literally right there with u . I love the fact that Freddie added the splitfinger and seemed to master it pretty quickly. I wanted him to stay just to see if his fastball came back and even if it didnt to see how he would pitch with the splitty. If Philly has a good season I expect 16-20 wins from Freddie.

I still content that any one of our starters are capable of being the ace of a lot of staffs. Thanks for being a major part of the World Series victory and memories that will last a lifetime( with the help of DVD's).

I remember heading home from the Sox-Cubs game in 2004 and hearing on the radio that we aqcuired Freddy Garcia, i was soooo damn excited!! And yes Freddy you lived up to your expectations, especially in 2005, no ring without you big guy!!! Good luck in Philly and you never know, maybe we will see you in the World Series in 2007?!?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 07:30 AM)
Definitely one of my favorite Sox players over the past years, Big Game Freddy is how I'll remember the guy.

I think Fred got somewhat of a raw deal by some fans last season, as he pitched his ass off for us in 2005 and then also had to come back early for 2006 for the WBC.

Nonetheless, I'll always root for Freddy and remember his game 4 masterpiece.

Good luck in Philly Freddy and here's to a great 2007 campaign for you.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

re: the bold: I thought he got a raw deal for SoxTalk -- myself included -- but I was amazed by the reaction to him on his last homestart against the Mariners. If you recall, there were Freddy chants.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
He was one of KW's better acquisitions, and I wish him all the best in Philly.

Absolutely.

He was a great big-game pitcher during his tenure in Chi-town. He also did as good as job as could be expected in making adjustments after his sudden loss in velocity this year.

Ahh, the Halcion® days when we thought we had a rotation to rival the Braves of the 1990s. Mark, Freddy, Jon, Jose, and ol' what's his name were going to be around for years and years making us a perennial WS favorite.

Best of luck to you Freddy. I bet you will be back.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Ahh, the Halcion® days when we thought we had a rotation to rival the Braves of the 1990s. Mark, Freddy, Jon, Jose, and ol' what's his name were going to be around for years and years making us a perennial WS favorite.

Best of luck to you Freddy. I bet you will be back.

If Buerhle goes to St. Louis or wherever else. I actually wouldn't be surprised if KW made a pitch to try to get him back next offseason. And why not?!? He's a proven winner.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
If Buerhle goes to St. Louis or wherever else. I actually wouldn't be surprised if KW made a pitch to try to get him back next offseason. And why not?!? He's a proven winner.

Freddy is gonna command 12-15 million when he becomes a free agent. He's not coming back to the White Sox.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)
Freddy is gonna command 12-15 million when he becomes a free agent. He's not coming back to the White Sox.

I was thinking more towards the end of his career, aka Alomar.