Carlos Lee Sucks

Pastime

He can't run, he can't field, he can't throw, and he can't do anything but hit into double plays. He is a piece of crap who pads his stats with 5 great weeks out of 25.

I would trade him for a bag of toenails at this point. Loser.

He can a run for a big man unlike overhyped 40-yard relay wonder Borchard...his fielding is mediocre, not horrible anymore....his salary is tolerable and his hitting potential is too good to bench him, noone to really replace him with. He is on pace to respectable 95 RBI- more if he gets on a hot streak.

He is not the biggest problem by a long shot, though he is disappointing.

He can a run for a big man unlike overhyped 40-yard relay wonder Borchard...his fielding is mediocre, not horrible anymore....his salary is tolerable and his hitting potential is too good to bench him, noone to really replace him with.  He is on pace to respectable 95 RBI- more if he gets on a hot streak.

He is not the biggest problem by a long shot, though he is disappointing.

and still leading this team in RBI's...What does that say for the rest of hte team?

I disagree with the negative assessment on Lee.

Thank you, CW!!! You guys are expecting Carlos to be Jesus out there. He can't be, but he's doing an all right job. Sure, he can improve defensively, as can almost anyone. But, don't diss someone who's helped us out more than most this season.

Go Carlos!!!

Thank you, CW!!!  You guys are expecting Carlos to be Jesus out there.  He can't be, but he's doing an all right job.  Sure, he can improve defensively, as can almost anyone.  But, don't diss someone who's helped us out more than most this season.

Go Carlos!!!

the guy has been good to us and gets better each year

he's missed some hits but then, no one has hit even 400 since 1941 so no one gets them all

I'd much rather have CLee in the game than anyone else we have and any replacements I've heard suggested

However let's not get too excited about Lee's defense- he just gave the Cubs a run as a gift by missing the cutoff man not to mention his other run-causing mistakes/dropped balls throughout the year.

He's better than Daubach and is tolerable, but it's still the weakest part of his game.

Thank you, CW!!!  You guys are expecting Carlos to be Jesus out there.  He can't be, but he's doing an all right job.  Sure, he can improve defensively, as can almost anyone.  But, don't diss someone who's helped us out more than most this season.

Go Carlos!!!

Actually Carlos has improved his fielding considerably this year. He does pretty well out there in Left. Hitting is a little off and that's what bothers me. 3 GIDP's on Thursday was just unacceptable. Remmeber Carlos said last week that he was going to hit to right field more. He didn't even try Thursday. Kept trying to homer on every sinker he was thrown.

My biggest gripe is that, yes, he doesn't have a ton of errors, but that's because he has minimal RANGE as an outfielder. A ton of balls drop in front of him because he plays so far back. Plus, I can remember 5 or 6 times this season he botched a fly ball - whether he dropped it or just let it go over his head. He could have 12 errors right now. Plus, as some of you stated earlier, he screwed up and gave the Cubs a gift run.

I also can't stand the way he tries to pull everything. Can he at least AIM for the right side of the field?

I just think that he's reached his ceiling - he averages about 20 HR and 70 RBI a year. That's fine if the rest of the team is killing the ball - but they're not. I'm one of those people who wants a GREAT left fielder, not an ADEQUATE one. Always look to upgrade - that's what winners do.

And yes, he leads the team in RBI's. Mostly thanks to two good weeks he had in what - 11 weeks of the season? The only "clutch" associated with Carlos Lee is the one on his motorcycle.

12 errors, I think is a stretch. As far as him missing the cutoff man, so what. I know, I know, you should ALWAYS hit the cutoff man, but it's not like it's a habit. The guy had 1 error last year. Yes, that's right 1! Get off his back, there's a lot more people on this team you should be critical of.

12 errors, I think is a stretch. As far as him missing the cutoff man, so what. I know, I know, you should ALWAYS hit the cutoff man, but it's not like it's a habit. The guy had 1 error last year. Yes, that's right 1! Get off his back, there's a lot more people on this team you should be critical of.

I'll agree here

what i am going to say is a shock to me. i been spouting off about trade clee since he got to the majors and i am still for trading him

he has improve since last yr. if i can see this objectively then why can't others. he has more drive this yr then i seen him at any other point of his career. yeah he is still a bad player in the field, but i been so-what impress with his play this yr.

now lets trade for some top notch prospect or 2.

Pastime, get off Carlos. He's dropped two balls this year and both on plays that he has had to go long ways and his range is far from limited.

The kid also has speed. Jerry doesn't let him use it. Carlos isn't anywhere near our biggest problem. If everyone had his work ethic, we'd have a first place team. Sure he has not reached his potential, but then again we aren't paying him 8 mill per to hit .190...

Pastime, get off Carlos. He's dropped two balls this year and both on plays that he has had to go long ways and his range is far from limited.

The kid also has speed. Jerry doesn't let him use it. Carlos isn't anywhere near our biggest problem. If everyone had his work ethic, we'd have a first place team. Sure he has not reached his potential, but then again we aren't paying him 8 mill per to hit .190...

welcome :cheers :headbang