Guilty Pleasures

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 07:20 AM)
Hey, the Bay City Rollers had some decent songs. Saturday Night may have been overplayed, but if that thing never became a MONSTER hit, it would be an underground classic. The "high brow" crowd hated them for the money they made, and the pants.

Why wouldn't a high brow crowd love capri pants? They ride SO high!

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 08:17 AM)
Like I said, I think we had this thread before and I "won."

I got you beat. Not only do I have everything ever released by the Spice Girls, I have all of their solo album and singles. (that's my dirty lil secret.)

I also love S Club 7 and have all their albums, but not all the singles.

Good fun disposable pop music.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I got you beat. Not only do I have everything ever released by the Spice Girls, I have all of their solo album and singles. (that's my dirty lil secret.)

I wouldn't brag about that too loudly... We already know Mreye is a loser, we had no idea you were :P

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)

Spice World is one of my guilty pleasure movies. Ohhhh, Emma Bunton. Rawwwwrrrrr. Another movie is Return to Me. Cheeseball, but it's got Minnie Driver. Ohhhh, Minnie Driver. Rawwwwrrrr.

I have also seen George Michael in concert...twice. Although anything after Listen without Prejudice, Vol 1 is pretty much crap. I also have a soft spot in my heart for Pat Boone-In a Metal Mood.

Oh Pat Boone. Rawwwwwrrr.......wait, that's not right.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
dude, wtf

i can't believe i voted for you

HAHA... exactly.

wait, you seriously don't like that album? Jimmy Olson's Blues is one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
Europe's "The Final Countdown"

:lolhitting

anyone see the movie "the Final Countdown"? :D loved it.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
HAHA... exactly.

wait, you seriously don't like that album? Jimmy Olson's Blues is one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs.

anyone see the movie "the Final Countdown"? :D loved it.

I actually chimed in here before as a fan of Kryptonite (maybe the last Guilty Pleasure thread?), and LosMediasBlancos I think it was ripped me mercilessly for it. I compared them, generally, to the Black Crowes and he was aghast.

I still do a solo acoustic Two Princes when I play out. Which pretty much tells you how motivated I am to actually update the repertoire. And also maybe tells you why I don't get calls to playy out much any more. . . :unsure:

I also have Pocket Full of Kryptonite. It was one of my first cd's I got in in 6th grade (maybe?) because a boy I liked always talked about them. . .

I still think it's a good disc.

Oh, I also think that Jesus Walks by Kanye West is a guilty pleasure of mine. It just cracks me up everytime. I know it isn't supposed to be funny, but well, it is. And I like it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Journey songs, Quiet Riot and Aqua.

Anybody who doesn't like Quiet Riot never heard the first two albums, the ones with Randy Rhoads. Those are both VERY good albums. Kevin DuBrow actually had an amazing voice and he shows it on those. Very, very, very good albums.