Microchipped populace in a generation?

YASNY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
I tend to agree. Despite the many positives that undoubtedly could be produced by it, I just cannot imagine being OK with that. Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much danger.

The die is cast though. It's going to happen.

Maybe we should get rid of guns (except our military, of course silly) and outlaw religion in public places while we're at it.

What else can we do to ensure the apocalypse by 2050?

Perhaps burn books? Set up internment camps?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)

It already happens in the form of Debit and Credit Cards....but having no choice but to implant something should NEVER be constitutionally sound.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
Maybe we should get rid of guns (except our military, of course silly) and outlaw religion in public places while we're at it.

What else can we do to ensure the apocalypse by 2050?

Perhaps burn books? Set up internment camps?

It already happens in the form of Debit and Credit Cards....but having no choice but to implant something should NEVER be constitutionally sound.

The key words in your sentence are SHOULD NEVER. But, we both know it's going to happen.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:13 AM)

Eh, I have no doubt it will creep into society. But as PA says, no way any forced version of it (aside from maybe cons and probys) will ever pass muster. Instead, commercial industry will put all that good stuff into a watch or cell phone type device (only smaller) that fits in your pocket or on your best. Something the size of a key, or a credit card. That would service the broader market that wants to technology but not the scary bits.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
Eh, I have no doubt it will creep into society. But as PA says, no way any forced version of it (aside from maybe cons and probys) will ever pass muster. Instead, commercial industry will put all that good stuff into a watch or cell phone type device (only smaller) that fits in your pocket or on your best. Something the size of a key, or a credit card. That would service the broader market that wants to technology but not the scary bits.

Mark my words. It'll happen. They'll make it so you can't just 'take it off'.

I would like to know who, in spite of the privacy issues, is in favor of something like this?

maybe it's my "sunday school end times" indoctrination pouring out, but this is such a bad, bad idea.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
Mark my words. It'll happen. They'll make it so you can't just 'take it off'.

12 Monkeys comes to mind... ripping out your teeth to escape "the man"

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Mock if you choose. Just watch for it. That's all I'm saying.

I wasn't mocking you. Actually, Jack has done numerous shows about this in the past. The most recent one I remember was China doing the microchipping. It should be interesting to see the spin, of course, since it's the US and our allies that will be doing the marking since it's supposed to be The Beast imprinting his mark upon people. Most of the others (China, Russia) that have been saying they would do the marking in the past were obvious old "enemies" of the US, but since the US is talking about doing it, should be more interesting this week than others.

In a related note, I always feel so bad for their wayward son who gets mentioned nearly every week as being bad and not saved.

I think we have an illusion of privacy that has no basis in fact. It's nice to cling to, but it's a bit unrealistic.

As an example, here in Mpls. some moron was angry with his drug dealer, so he decided to shoot out car windows as he drove away. The police ran the plates and visited all the victimized car owners at work. How did the police know where the people worked? You don't put that info on your application for license plates.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
I think we have an illusion of privacy that has no basis in fact. It's nice to cling to, but it's a bit unrealistic.

As an example, here in Mpls. some moron was angry with his drug dealer, so he decided to shoot out car windows as he drove away. The police ran the plates and visited all the victimized car owners at work. How did the police know where the people worked? You don't put that info on your application for license plates.

Ah ... The Grand Illusion.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)

So, you don't see a difference between people's addresses being available, and putting a permanent tracking device under your skin?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
So, you don't see a difference between people's addresses being available, and putting a permanent tracking device under your skin?

Sure there's a difference. This is but a step in the process. It was an example to point out what's happening now that you don't even realize. The permanent tracking device is yet to come.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Sure there's a difference. This is but a step in the process. It was an example to point out what's happening now that you don't even realize. The permanent tracking device is yet to come.

I agree its a step. I was more pointing out Mpls' apparent thinking that we've lost all privacy and that the chip was no different. To me, its a VERY large leap.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
I agree its a step. I was more pointing out Mpls' apparent thinking that we've lost all privacy and that the chip was no different. To me, its a VERY large leap.

It's dangerous for the government to have ANY say in what we can and can't do with our bodies. Our bodies should be considered sovereign from the United States. There are laws and rules for my body living IN the U.S. but the government shouldn't have say over what I put IN my body.

Some glaring problems, however:

drugs, abortion, assisted suicide... to me, those are issues that bleed into interpersonal interactions.

Would saying that I would never want the government to force Miss PA to have an abortion the same as saying I think Miss PA has the right to choose what Miss PA does with her body, i.e. have an abortion?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)

It, historically, may in fact be a very large leap. Yet, it's miniscule compared to what's to come.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Some glaring problems, however:

drugs, abortion, assisted suicide... to me, those are issues that bleed into interpersonal interactions.

And i don't believe the government belongs in some of those things either. If a drug doesn't automatically and with little exception create a dangerous person (i.e. heroin) to others, then we shouldn't be banning it. Assisted suicide isn't a problem to me either, as long as legal protections are in place - it should be like writing and notarizing a will.

Abortion is a tough call because it may or may not involve another life form, by some definition.

Anyway, that's off-topic. I agree with you that the government should be kept away from our physical beings whenever possible.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
It, historically, may in fact be a very large leap. Yet, it's miniscule compared to what's to come.

Have you been wandering around in H.R. Giger's dreams or something?

Have you been wandering around in H.R. Giger's dreams or something?

I'm not familiar with the person of whom you are speaking. I just know I've been looking for this stuff to begin for 20 to 25 years now. There are a whole slew of theories as to how it will come about ... the Illuminati or whatever ... I don't know why or how it will happen, because at this point it is only speculation. But, I do believe it will happen. There's too much smoke for there not be some fire.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
I'm not familiar with the person of whom you are speaking. I just know I've been looking for this stuff to begin for 20 to 25 years now. There are a whole slew of theories as to how it will come about ... the Illuminati or whatever ... I don't know why or how it will happen, because at this point it is only speculation. But, I do believe it will happen. There's too much smoke for there not be some fire.

Christians have been saying that since, well, since Paul (or even the Gospel writer of Mark).

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)

Giger is an artist/sculptor. His works inspired the creature in the Alien movies. Its mostly bio-mech stuff, but its all uber-creepy. I saw an interview with him once, they asked him where the alien creature idea came from, and he said "she dreamed me".

*shiver* Creepy.

Wiki on Giger.