Microchipped populace in a generation?

YASNY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
You know ... that's one point I'll give you.

Great success!

My previous comment wasn't, btw, meant as a jab at you or anything. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
RFIDing people is where I draw the line. I am pretty open to all sorts of survelliance, but having a device that can be passively scanned from under my skin is too far reaching. My dog sure, he is chipped. But again that is my dog.

That's easy to say now. What if your livelihood depende on it? What if your retirement funds were dependant on it? What if your family would disown you due to social pressures?

If it keeps us safe from terrorists we'll be lining up and calling anyone that is against the policy a liberal-p***y, anti-American, and probably a terrorist. It will be so easy to convince the public it's the right thing to do.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
If it keeps us safe from terrorists we'll be lining up and calling anyone that is against the policy a liberal-p***y, anti-American, and probably a terrorist. It will be so easy to convince the public it's the right thing to do.

If that's the case, then I'll be a liberal-pussy. I won't be chipped.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
If that's the case, then I'll be a liberal-pussy. I won't be chipped.

I'm guessing it will be easier to convince younger people who trust technology more than the ex-hippies and baby boomers. If we trust the government to put citizens to death, what's a simple little chip?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm guessing it will be easier to convince younger people who trust technology more than the ex-hippies and baby boomers. If we trust the government to put citizens to death, what's a simple little chip?

I'll put it bluntly. It's the mark of the beast. I will never voluntarily allow that to happen to me. I'll die first. Period.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
That's easy to say now. What if your livelihood depende on it? What if your retirement funds were dependant on it? What if your family would disown you due to social pressures?

They need to seriously work on RFID security before they could ever convince the mass populous to go for it. I work in the manufacturing industry, and some of these RFID chips are programmable. We had a vendor tell us that we had to use it, so while they were testing the technology, I was altering the nature of the chip. When they scanned a pallet it said instead of the SKU number, Hi my name is Joshua, do you want to play a game. That killed that in our company, plus the cost is still rediculous.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
They need to seriously work on RFID security before they could ever convince the mass populous to go for it. I work in the manufacturing industry, and some of these RFID chips are programmable. We had a vendor tell us that we had to use it, so while they were testing the technology, I was altering the nature of the chip. When they scanned a pallet it said instead of the SKU number, Hi my name is Joshua, do you want to play a game. That killed that in our company, plus the cost is still rediculous.

That's why I said 20 years till this becomes reality.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
That's why I said 20 years till this becomes reality.

I dont think they will chip people for this. They will more likely go down the biometric route, fingerprints, retina, facial recognition. Remember in the end, either now or in the future, chipping people would cost money for the readers and for the chips themselves. In the biometric arena, the cost would only be on the readers. Plus there has been so much work in this industry for years, that it is a lot more mature than the passive radio scanning.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I'll put it bluntly. It's the mark of the beast. I will never voluntarily allow that to happen to me. I'll die first. Period.

What if the joke is on us? With cameras on every street corner (to keep us safe) and facial recognition software that tracks you, and everyone's face on their driver's license, you are already marked. Could all this security be satan's way of welcoming us all into hell?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
What if the joke is on us? With cameras on every street corner (to keep us safe) and facial recognition software that tracks you, and everyone's face on their driver's license, you are already marked. Could all this security be satan's way of welcoming us all into hell?

These are all tools being put in place to accomplish two things. First, they desensitize us, a bit at a time to government oversight and monitorization. Next, they'll be part of the network that eventually does trap us into an Orwellian hell on earth.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
These are all tools being put in place to accomplish two things. First, they desensitize us, a bit at a time to government oversight and monitorization. Next, they'll be part of the network that eventually does trap us into an Orwellian hell on earth.

But we need to be safe from terrorists ;)

You are starting to sound like a liberal. Welcome. You now have a pinky in the other camp.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)

But we need to be safe from terrorists ;)

You are starting to sound like a liberal. Welcome. You now have a pinky in the other camp.

Yeah, I know. It kinda burns my ass, but what can I do? I believe what I believe.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Yeah, I know. It kinda burns my ass, but what can I do? I believe what I believe.

It's not too bad. That feeling you have is the same I have when I start agreeing with old school Republicans. At first you stop and think, what am I missing? Then you keep it a secret from your friends. Then you just realize that in the real world the differences between liberals and conservatives are marketing hype and we agree on a hell of a lot more than we disagree on. But agreeing hasn't elected anyone, so we accent the differences and this the world will end of the other guy gets elected.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
Yeah, that's the chip. Looks like they already got you.

QOTM :lolhitting :notworthy

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

what?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Wrong Chip :D

xidfox.jpg

the ass burning chip is this guy's territory.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)