Let's hear predictions for Gio's Sox career...

WHITESOXRANDY

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
I know that many of you are Gio fans and have followed him closely.

I would like to know when he will be in the Sox rotation, when he will win 15 games and how long and successful his career will be.

Anybody ?

Pulling out my 2026 Baseball Yearbook (I'm a friend of Michael J. Fox) ... Gio Gonzalez is unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot after being the first pitcher win at least 30 games a year for 10 consecutive years while leading the Chicago White Sox on a dynasty of unprecedented proportions with 12 consective World Series championships. The Chicago Cubs bailed out in 2013 and moved to Memphis.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
Pulling out my 2026 Baseball Yearbook (I'm a friend of Michael J. Fox) ... Gio Gonzalez is unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot after being the first pitcher win at least 30 games a year for 10 consecutive years while leading the Chicago White Sox on a dynasty of unprecedented proportions with 12 consective World Series championships. The Chicago Cubs bailed out in 2013 and moved to Memphis.

So, Gio was born in 1985, he'd be 41 in 2026, which means I believe you have him retiring at age 35?

I think Gio will be in the rotation in 2008 as the lefty that replaces Mark Buehrle. He will go 12 - 7 in his rookie year with a 3.78 ERA but will spend some time on the DL, which will help some other player edge him out in the Rookie of the Year voting. He will win 16 games in 2009 and will win a Cy Young award once in his career (with the 2011 White Sox). He will go on to win 132 games in his career and will be traded to another team before the 2013 season.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Gio will be in the rotation in 2008 as the lefty that replaces Mark Buehrle. He will go 12 - 7 in his rookie year with a 3.78 ERA but will spend some time on the DL, which will help some other player edge him out in the Rookie of the Year voting. He will win 16 games in 2009 and will win a Cy Young award once in his career (with the 2011 White Sox). He will go on to win 132 games in his career and will be traded to another team before the 2013 season.

I like this prediction. I hope you are right about this. It sounds plausible. If he gives the Sox 5 solid seasons then this will be a great deal for the team.

I will go on record as saying that Gio doesn't ever become any better then a 5th starter... and he'll be out of baseball by the time he's 30, either by injury or just disappointment...

:ph34r:

Giovanni isn't replacing Buehrle in 2008 unless he has an absolutely spectacular season in AAA.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we delt him again for a lefthanded starting pitcher to replace Buehrle.

If he remains, I'll predict what I do with every other Sox prospect -- he won't experience immediate success, and will be sent down to the minors two weeks following his initial promotion. He ultimately won't prove productive until 2010, when his ERA finally creeps below 5 and walks no longer become an issue.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Giovanni isn't replacing Buehrle in 2008 unless he has an absolutely spectacular season in AAA.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we delt him again for a lefthanded starting pitcher to replace Buehrle.

If he remains, I'll predict what I do with every other Sox prospect -- he won't experience immediate success, and will be sent down to the minors two weeks following his initial promotion. He ultimately won't prove productive until 2010, when his ERA finally creeps below 5 and walks no longer become an issue.

I love Flash, I think he says this about every prospect we have.

:P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This all depends on if we can get him to throw more strikes, but if we can (I'll say we will), I see him as a solid 3 starter, and hey, a solid 3 that's a lefty and very young and cheap......I'll take it.

I'd take it too. That's about what I am expecting. 2008 he'll probably start in the pen. 2009 in the rotation and become a pretty solid starter, can be counted on for 11-15 wins a season. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

Thanks guys.