Jennings to Astros

striker

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
man I love this place

What are you smoking? Garland is quite a better pitcher than Jennings. He's right. Seeing how this is the exact same offer that they gave for JG, then Kenny is smart for backing down. Obviously, we wait until Zito is off the market, then we give up Vaz or Jon for a nice package.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
You should be, you just got hosed.

Which is why I am glad they are just my NL team, unless Jennings turns into a superstar they got a prison pounding in this deal..

I guess it is better that we are waiting to make deals

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
What are you smoking? Garland is quite a better pitcher than Jennings. He's right. Seeing how this is the exact same offer that they gave for JG, then Kenny is smart for backing down. Obviously, we wait until Zito is off the market, then we give up Vaz or Jon for a nice package.

Great move by KW not taking this trade IMO, Garland is a great deal more valuable than Jennings.

QUOTE(T R U @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Which is why I am glad they are just my NL team, unless Jennings turns into a superstar they got a prison pounding in this deal..

I guess it is better that we are waiting to make deals

Even if Jennings turns into a superstar, the 'Stros only have him for 1 year before he hits FA.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Considering how great everyone says Hirsh will be, it's amazing that the Rockies got him AND Taveras/Buckholz for just Jennings. I still doubt that KW will rip a team off for Garland/Buehrle/Vazquez.

cept now hes in Colorado so that might not ever happen

QUOTE(striker62704 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
So who are the big buyers for SPs now?

Texas

Yankees

Mets

Cardinals

San Francisco

Blue Jays

Yankees are probably off that list, assuming they sign that Igawa dude. They have like 8 starters.

The mariners might fit on that list. The Red Sox may wind up on it in 3 days. The Angels might be outside guys, as might the Padres (both of whom have had at least a tepid interest in Zito). Who knows what the Giants might be wanting to do this season, committing to Bonds but Losing Schmidt. Arizona needs pitching to compete. The Reds need pitchers, the Brewers may also, but that depends on what either team will be willing to give up.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
ummmmmm, the reason why Houston got so much (or the same amount for Garland) for Jennings was because we pulled Garland off the market from them.

If Garland was still available to the Astros, the Rockies wouldn't have netted them this much.

That, and another player that the Rockies added to the deal.