Jennings to Astros

striker

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
Does Ascencio really have any value? I remember him walking 4 consecutive Sox hitters on 16 pitches in April of 2002, plunking Frank in 2003 (Thomas was PISSED,) then bouncing around in San Diego and undergoing TJS.

Is he any different than Buchholz himself?

I can't predict future trade scenarios, but if Williams does trade Garland with the intention of acquiring pitching prospects, anything less than Hirsh/Buchholz will be a rather large oversight on our behalf.

Again, because I know some people misinterpret everything unless it's hammered out syllable by syllable, if we're intent on trading Garland it should lend us no more than the equivalent of these players. That is, atleast two of an organizations top pitching prospects.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
I can't predict future trade scenarios, but if Williams does trade Garland with the intention of acquiring pitching prospects, anything less than Hirsh/Buchholz will be a rather large oversight on our behalf.

Again, because I know some people misinterpret everything unless it's hammered out syllable by syllable, if we're intent on trading Garland it should lend us no more than the equivalent of these players. That is, atleast two of an organizations top pitching prospects.

I think with this deal being pulled by KW, he sees that Garland must net us a better return than those 3 guys. I like that he is selling high.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
Wait a second, Houston refused to send us that package of players for Garland, right? How did we screw this up then, when we never got this offer???

I thought WE backed out after getting the med records on Buckholz.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
This should be us making this deal.

Horrible.

if they were willing to give up the package for Jason Jennings, then we were right to say no. They obviously lowballed the Sox.

I can't believe Kenny even considered it.