Police raid Tank Johnson's Home

Sorry but as much as I want the Bears to win, If Johnson was in possession of a Leon Lett like quantity of drugs, I want him to rott for it. I already whined and complained about his off-field problems in the past and think the best thing you can do with consistent malcontents thats get into legal problems is cut ties with them.

I am waiting to see what actually happened, but I do not feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for the team that relied on him and us fans. He's just a f***ing prick that deserves whatever wrath comes on him for breaking the law (if in fact we find out he had posession of drugs with the intent of distributing it).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
Sorry but as much as I want the Bears to win, If Johnson was in possession of a Leon Lett like quantity of drugs, I want him to rott for it. I already whined and complained about his off-field problems in the past and think the best thing you can do with consistent malcontents thats get into legal problems is cut ties with them.

I am waiting to see what actually happened, but I do not feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for the team that relied on him and us fans. He's just a f***ing prick that deserves whatever wrath comes on him for breaking the law (if in fact we find out he had posession of drugs with the intent of distributing it).

I have heard that a man left the house in handcuffs that was NOT Tank.

Don't overreact just yet, it could easily be a friend of his.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
I have heard that a man left the house in handcuffs that was NOT Tank.

Don't overreact just yet, it could easily be a friend of his.

A couple years ago, Congress passed a law such that if someone is in possession of drugs on your property, you can be brought up on charges and jailed. I believe that it would be applicable in this situation if that were the case.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
A couple years ago, Congress passed a law such that if someone is in possession of drugs on your property, you can be brought up on charges and jailed. I believe that it would be applicable in this situation if that were the case.

Sure he can be charged but that definitely doesn't make him a "f***ing prick that deserves whatever wrath comes on him for breaking the law"

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
So who'd be left for you guys at DT if Johnson and Harris didn't play in the playoffs, and how much does that impact the Bears's ability to stop the run?

Let's just say that the Bears would probably be hoping they didn't wind up facing the Chargers.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
So who'd be left for you guys at DT if Johnson and Harris didn't play in the playoffs, and how much does that impact the Bears's ability to stop the run?

Scott, Boone, Idonije,...? Those are the only ones I can think of. It wouldn't be good, for the run or pass rush. Leave it at that.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)

:notworthy

Though, I am just a touch sad for my Bears.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
6 counts sounds like pointing it as squirrels wearing police uniforms.

From what I've read, here and in the Trib article, it sounds like he wasn't home when the raid happened. Anyway, the reason I asked if that was just the start of the charges is that the situation sounds much more serious than that charge.

I think Tank may already be on probation for weapons charges. He may be in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
:huh: Unlawful use of a gun sounds like shooting at squirrels in your backyard. I mean, you shouldn't do it, but it's nothing to get excited about.

If your neighbor was charged with it, you would probably feel differently. Tank appears to be a great football player, but a bad guy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
I think Tank may already be on probation for weapons charges. He may be in a lot of trouble.

If your neighbor was charged with it, you would probably feel differently. Tank appears to be a great football player, but a bad guy.

That was the rap coming out of school. First round talent, less than stellar person.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)

Yup. It would freak me out. I never said otherwise.

Wow the swat thought they had some serious stuff on Tank,there is no way they would have stormed his house just for unlicensed guns and some weed..With all the crap athletes get into nowadays iam not really mad at him.Tank is no Stephen Jackson.

QUOTE(shipps @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
With all the crap athletes get into nowadays iam not really mad at him.Tank is no Stephen Jackson.

So... because more athletes nowadays act like s***heads, you're not mad when another one does? Did the "but Johnny did it too" argument work in 2nd grade too?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
6 counts sounds like pointing it as squirrels wearing police uniforms.

Well, no, that would be aggravated assault, or worse. But I see jackie's point, those charges could be anything. It could mean, for instance, that he loaned six guns to a friend who is a convicted felon. Or, it could be squirrels. :huh