Classmates

Middle Buffalo

I signed up for Classmates 4 or 5 years ago, and after an initial interest in seeing who elso was signed up, I really never used it for anything. About a year ago, a guy I was friends with when I was ten or eleven sent me a Classmates greeting. I got the notification that this guy had sent me an email, but the catch is that you can't read it unless you too are a member.

Now, if it was someone who I cared to reconnect with, I might consider joining to read the email. But, for someone who is probably just trying to get me involved in a pyramid scheme, I'll pass.

Anyone ever use Classmates or one of these type things to contact someone?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 03:55 AM)
I signed up for Classmates 4 or 5 years ago, and after an initial interest in seeing who elso was signed up, I really never used it for anything. About a year ago, a guy I was friends with when I was ten or eleven sent me a Classmates greeting. I got the notification that this guy had sent me an email, but the catch is that you can't read it unless you too are a member.

Now, if it was someone who I cared to reconnect with, I might consider joining to read the email. But, for someone who is probably just trying to get me involved in a pyramid scheme, I'll pass.

Anyone ever use Classmates or one of these type things to contact someone?

i managed to track down a good friend from high school that i lost track of after the first Gulf War. We found it funny that awe lived and worked within 10 miles of each other and both drove north on 355 every day.

I also found my main 'bed' buddy from college. I was always curious as to what had happened to her after college. It's been a year and we still talk online now and again.