Ross Gload Traded For Andrew Sisco

Ozzie's Accent

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
with mack on the bench i got no problems with this...i hope ross does well, im not sure where he fits in KC, with shealy at 1st and sweeney, maybe OF maybe just becnh guy....but sisco is still really young, and hes the typical dare i say cooper project...if he can reduce those walks

That's a good point. Hopefully, Mackowiak can get back to more of a true utility role, something he prospered with in the past, but with the CF problems last year, this trade could really benefit Mackowiak if he find some more playing time somewhere other than CF.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
Any possiblity the Sox are maybe thinking of using Sisco as a starter if they move either Javy or Garland?

If we are going to use him as a starter (which may not be a bad idea or plan B for a year down the road) he'll be getting his licks in AAA, not at the major league level.

Still I love what Kenny has done, he's gotten us a ton of high upside, high potential impact arms that will be under our control for a number of years. We may not develop all of them, we may eventually deal some of them, but regardless we now have a ton (and I mean a ton) of potential high impact arms that could be filtering towards the Cell in the next couple of years (some of which are already in our pen).

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
Where's he going to play?

DH-Sweeney

1B-Shealy

OF's: Gathright, Dejesus, Sanders, Brown, and Mark Teahen.

Sweeney actually plays nowadays? I thought he just sat on the DL making a paycheck :P

The point is, he'll play more than he does in Chicago, and when Sweeney gets hurt, he likely gets the starting job.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
i think they are overreacting a little, as Gload shoudl hit .300+ and give them stellar defense, but Sisco should have garnered a larger price tag. The cubs have been interested in him for years to start for them, and they were throwing around alot better name to trade for him than Ross Gload.

Gas.

Considering the Cubs let Sisco go in the Rule 5 draft prior to the 2005 season, I really don't think their interest was all that great, and ongoing for years.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
Where's he going to play?

DH-Sweeney

1B-Shealy

OF's: Gathright, Dejesus, Sanders, Brown, and Mark Teahen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sweeney is delt somewhere. Perhaps the Angels.

I was absolutely thrilled to log onto Soxtalk and read about this transaction. This had to be a move Moore initiated. I don't believe Williams would have had the nerve to contact Kansas City and present Gload for Andrew Sisco.

Wonder if any one of these bullpen vacancies are opening a slot for Lumsden in 2007...

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(GLOAD is GOD @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Sadest day in White Sox history....I will honestly say though, this does look like a steal. Ross should pwn up for KC too

One aspect of this trade which I'm not looking forward to is Gload absolutely destroying our pitching next year. We all know it's going to happen.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
One aspect of this trade which I'm not looking forward to is Gload absolutely destroying our pitching next year. We all know it's going to happen.

Yeah that seems to be inevitable. But i hope Ross does well for KC, just not against us(still hoping for it to happen).

This is a gorgeous move. Booooone gets another year to season in AAA which he seems to need, the White Sox are back in a situation with 3 good lefties in their bullpen in case one struggles, we clear out a spot on the bench for another backup acquisition, and hopefully we see Mack move into the backup 1b role.

Moore started off well, but Jesus, over the last week or two, he seems like he's been on something.

And Gload's Playing time should go up quite a bit next year, just based on Sweeney's history.

Holy s***! This is an incredible deal. Gload was going to get 150-200 ABs for us, and we got a guy who has a phenomenal arm, who is having trouble growing into it. Forget him as the second lefty, send him to Charlotte and let him start. Give this kid as many innings as possible, as all rule V did for this kid was stunt his growth. As big as he is, it might take him a while to get his mechanics down, and I think the key here is not to rush him. With him having an option year left, lets use it.

We were never, ever gonna let Gload play.

I hope he can get in the Royals lineup but that might be difficult

even as bad as KC is.

Not to be a Scrooge, but the Royals pretty much gave up on Sisco.

These tall pitchers are tough to develop.

He should go spend one month with Randy Johnson and learn how to

pitch right now.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Gload is a solid bat, but he wasn't going get many AB's with us. Trading a 30 year old 3rd stringer for a 23 year old lefty with a live arm is a no brainer. Low risk .... possible high reward.

^

pretty much.

good little pickup here, thanks for the memories g-unit.

As much as I like Ross, you are right. He's not going to play in KC, except

against us and you are right he's gonna pound out pitching.

Royals obviously like trading with us. I wonder if we want to make

another deal with em.

Cause there's no room at the inn for Ross.

Gload is one of my favorite players and even though I am sad to see him go I am glad that he will get consistent playing time since he's going to the Royals (I hope.)

As far as Sisco, he had a terrible season in 06, but he has the tools and he has proved that he can be good. Very smart move by KW.

Good luck Gload, I will keep my eye on you!

This is a masterful trade....KU-freaking-DOS to Kenny. Gload is a solid, servicable player, but on a championship team merely bench fodder. This trade is eerily similiar to the Thronton/Borchard trade and we saw how wonderfully that one worked out. To get a young fire-balling lefty who was probably rushed by KC is awesome. I'd like to see what he can do starting down at Charlotte if Aardsma or Logan can take the 2nd lefty spot in the pen behind Matt.

We have brought in a power arm lefty WHO IS still VERY YOUNG (what is he 23?)...Not shocked the big boys roughed him up some, he just needs to mature and develop. NO DOUBT the arm is there.

I like this deal...A LOT... :cheers

From baseball prospectus:

Andy Sisco looks like the real deal. In his third shot at A ball in 2004, Sisco put up what can best be described as a mediocre line: 4.21 ERA/4.57 RA in 126 innings, 8.4 H/9, 9.6 SO/9 and 4.6 BB/9. The strikeout rate was strong but the walk rate was too high and he was giving up too many hits and walks at that low level. The Royals picked him up as the second overall pick of the Rule 5 draft and he surely hasn't disappointed.

Andrew Sisco - RP

LG IP H/9 BB/9 SO/9 HR/9 ERA RA VORP BABIP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MLB 58.7 7.67 5.68 9.51 0.61 2.61 2.76 19.9 .305

His walk rate is far too high still but with strong home-run and strikeout rates, he's able to get away with it. The lesson again is straightforward: you can get away with walking batters as long as you don't give up a lot of hits and as long as the hits you do give up don't go out of the park.

PECOTA didn't think Sisco would keep the strikeout rate up after the jump from A ball to MLB, and it also didn't expect him to control the long ball as well as he has. Credit the strikeout rate to his tremendous stuff. As for the home-run rate, Kaufmann Stadium has played both as a hitters' park and pitchers' park in recent season, so it's hard to get an exact read on whether the park is affecting his HR rate.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Aardsma is a righty. It seems a few people think he throws with his left hand.

Was the other guy we got from the Cubs a lefty?

Damn...my bad...Loosk like Logan and Sisco compete in the pen to go with Matt.