Possible Back-Up Outfielder?

bigruss

In most cases when you have a guy who can deliver when it matters and give you an average defense I would say if we could get him to strengthen the bench, great. But not with Bernie Williams, career NY Yankee. Bernie's a clutch player on his last legs, and will never play for anyone but NY. Even if he did play somewhere else, I cant see his heart being into it and I doubt he'd last 2 weeks with another team before hanging it up. 4-5 years ago, yeah he could have made the transition and been a very serviceable Sox OF or great bench guy. He is valueable to NY and he might play one more year for them. He WAS supposed to be a bench player last year but wound up with a ton of playing time because of injuries to Sheffield, Melky & Matsui.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
I would love to have Miguel Cabrera as a back up OF. I take it Early 90's Griffey Jr. is in Center and the Rickey Hernderson from the 80's is in left?

Since the conversation was about how the Yankees now have an expendable outfielder, and Melky is the only Cabrera that plays outfield for the Yankees, and has been mentioned in trade talks with the Pirates recently. Yeah I meant Melky.