Yabba Dabba Dead

FlaSoxxJim

A true animation pioneer, dead at age 95.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireSt...5724&page=1

The HB television stuff from the 1960s was great, but my favorite works of Joe and Bill will always be the MGM Tom and Jerry theatrical shorts. As good as the best Disney theatrical stuff, and in fact these were the shorts that made Disney rethink the pace of their shorts and go more slapstick during the Donald Duck heyday presided over by Jack, the other animating Hannah.

Flinstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Hound, Quickdraw McGraw. . . good stuff.

:drink Good run, Joe.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
:crying

A man who installed major pieces of my childood has left...RIP

Let us remember his great creations:

gang.jpg

Thank God for the boomerang channel so we can introduce these cartoons to our children. Kids today are missing out on Saturday morning cartoons, and some of these wonderful shows. I have taken time to introduce my son to some of the cartoons that I grew up with. Its funny to look at how old these cartoons are. Hanna and Barbara had an affect on us all as children. Its sad to see this, because its an end to a generation of cartoons.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
A true animation pioneer, dead at age 95.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireSt...5724&page=1

The HB television stuff from the 1960s was great, but my favorite works of Joe and Bill will always be the MGM Tom and Jerry theatrical shorts. As good as the best Disney theatrical stuff, and in fact these were the shorts that made Disney rethink the pace of their shorts and go more slapstick during the Donald Duck heyday presided over by Jack, the other animating Hannah.

Flinstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Hound, Quickdraw McGraw. . . good stuff.

:drink Good run, Joe.

Didn't Jack Hannah go on to open the Columbus Zoo?

RIP and stuff.