Al Gore Scandal!

Rex Kickass

Shady business with Inconvenient Truth

Dozens of eyewitness reports indicated that former vice president Al Gore deliberately attempted to raise the earth's temperature in order to boost box office receipts for An Inconvenient Truth, his documentary film about global warming that was released in May.

We have accounts from concerned citizens that Mr. Gore purchased a Cadillac Escalade SUV several months before [his film] opened in theaters," said Kimberly Blume, spokeswoman for the California-based environmental group Friends Of The Earth. "Not only did Mr. Gore use his new gas-guzzler to make short trips to the grocery store, he also left the vehicle running 24 hours a day in the driveway of his Tennessee home with the air-conditioning on full-blast."

In the weeks following the film's release, witnesses reported additional sightings of Gore engaging in activities such as discharging can after can of 1980s-era, CFC-laden aerosol into the air, and single-handedly clear-cutting over 6,000 acres of Amazon rain forest.

Gore is also rumored to have set a four-acre tire fire outside Akron, OH, and ordered his Secret Service detail to shoot on sight anyone who attempts to put it out.

"It's sad to see a man we thought was a passionate defender of the environment despoiling it for his own monetary gain," Blume said.

Blume said that she and many environmentalists had momentarily expressed relief in late November when Gore appeared to cease his months-long practice of dismantling old refrigerators in order to release ozone-destroying freon into the atmosphere. Blume soon learned, however, that Gore had resumed the activity in Antarctica, where the earth's ozone layer is most fragile.

Environmental groups have called for the federal government to step in and put a stop to Gore's actions, but officials say they do not have the power to stop him.

"There is no legal recourse anyone can take against the former vice president," Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson said. "Mr. Gore is well within the emissions standards set by the current administration."

By year's end, Gore failed to slow his assault on the planet's delicately balanced climate systems. Satellite surveillance revealed what many believe to be a snowshoed Gore jumping up and down on an ice shelf in Greenland, chainsawing glaciers in the Alaskan wild, and urinating in the Gulf Stream waters off the coast of Newfoundland.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
would this guy REALLY have been a better president?

let's just stop kidding ourselves

Yes.

The answer remains the same if you replace the words "This guy" with "This rock" or "this monkey" or "This paper clip".

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Yes.

The answer remains the same if you replace the words "This guy" with "This rock" or "this monkey" or "This paper clip".

I think I saw you in Amish country pulling a carriage the other day...

nice blinders.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I can't really make the call on the domestic side but it would be hard for me to imagine how Al Gore could have done any worse on the world stage.

I'll agree, and narrow it even further. Gore may have struggled economically to get things done right. But on the world stage, and on domestic issues of social or environmental nature, we'd be far better off.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
I'll agree, and narrow it even further. Gore may have struggled economically to get things done right. But on the world stage, and on domestic issues of social or environmental nature, we'd be far better off.

Who's to say we wouldn't have had 5 more 9-11's since then if Gore was in office. You guys are make making some hellacious assumptions based on a whole bunch of nothing.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)

I will go on record to say if 9-11 had happened after the start of the recession in 01, we would have had a long, long recession (at best) under a Gore administration.

I don't even want to know what would have happened post 9/11 if Gore was at the helm. You can be upset about the Iraq fiasco but Bush responded admirably and did as good of a job as I think you could have following 9/11 and the tough economy he was handed.

And thats something a lot of people have forgotten.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Who's to say we wouldn't have had 5 more 9-11's since then if Gore was in office. You guys are make making some hellacious assumptions based on a whole bunch of nothing.

Well I don't really like making predictions based on "what ifs" so yes I'm making some leaps of faith.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
I don't even want to know what would have happened post 9/11 if Gore was at the helm. You can be upset about the Iraq fiasco but Bush responded admirably and did as good of a job as I think you could have following 9/11 and the tough economy he was handed.

And thats something a lot of people have forgotten.

I will give him those first 2-3 months after 9/11. But the rapid change of focus away from actually finding the people in Afghanistan who did that deed and onto people who weren't involved at all, and thus letting the 2 men most responsible have 5 more years to walk free? That is far beyond what I'm willing to forgive.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)

For those of us who don't see BushCo's policies as having done much positive for the war on terror, it seems unlikely we would have seen any more 9/11's. Most of what Bush has done has only made us less safe, not more. (NOTE: I said most, not all)

Economically, SS2K5, I agree - that is exactly what I was getting at. Some of Bush's financial ideas and the GOP Congress' policies were very helpful in the 2001-2003 period. Gore would seem to have been likely to do more poorly in that way, and that could have been really bad.

This whole question is obviously full of assumptions. I voted for Bush in 2000. But in the philisophical realm, if I could go back and vote again, you'd better believe I'd have voted for Gore.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I can't really make the call on the domestic side but it would be hard for me to imagine how Al Gore could have done any worse on the world stage.

Here's your assmuption based on a whole lof of nothing.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
For those of us who don't see BushCo's policies as having done much positive for the war on terror, it seems unlikely we would have seen any more 9/11's. Most of what Bush has done has only made us less safe, not more. (NOTE: I said most, not all)

Economically, SS2K5, I agree - that is exactly what I was getting at. Some of Bush's financial ideas and the GOP Congress' policies were very helpful in the 2001-2003 period. Gore would seem to have been likely to do more poorly in that way, and that could have been really bad.

This whole question is obviously full of assumptions. I voted for Bush in 2000. But in the philisophical realm, if I could go back and vote again, you'd better believe I'd have voted for Gore.

We haven't had any successful attacks on us since. You are assuming that would be the case with Gore in office. I'm not willing to jump to that conclusion.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
YAS, everything said in reply to this theoretical question is assumptions based on a whole lot of nothing. Its just a what-if.

That's my point. You are stepping out saying Gore would have been so much better, but there is absolutely nothing any of you can base that on.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Here's your assmuption based on a whole lof of nothing.

We haven't had any successful attacks on us since. You are assuming that would be the case with Gore in office. I'm not willing to jump to that conclusion.

Obviously its hard to say for sure. But my best guess is that Gore's foreign policy would not have created nearly the level of anger and hatred in the rest of the world directed our way. That may have allowed him to do a lot more to quell violence and gain enough Int'l support to actually fight a successful battle against violent extremists.

Again, though, all guess work.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)

Since we're doing this theoretical exercise, it's also entirely possible that with Mr. Gore in office, the 9/11 plot could have been disrupted by our governnment in the summer of 2001 before it happened, and thus either the Bin laden group would have had to arrange for a different operation to hit the U.S. before the U.S. would have taken action against them, or the Bin Laden group could have remained in Afghanistan working to destabilize other countries in the region without any real effort by the U.S. to stop them. And who knows what that could have done.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
That's my point. You are stepping out saying Gore would have been so much better, but there is absolutely nothing any of you can base that on.

A few more years of the results of the Iraq debacle, and I think that we'll actually have plenty to base it on.