Empire Carpets

YASNY

I am either experinecing de'javu or this is an actual memory. Empire Carpets has a national commercial on TV that give the number as 800-588-2300 .... My question is wasn't that 588-2300 number a Chicago based commercial back in the 60's and 70's, along with the jingle, for the same company. It rings a bell with me like Hudson 3 - 2700. Am I crazy are was this a very frequently played ad in Chicago back in the day.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
They are still played today, and the number is 800-588-2300

Yes they are played today ... even here in western KY. But what I want to know is do I actually remember those old ads or am i confusing them with something else?

In other words, I'm saying I remember that number without the 1-800 part of it. Am I nuts or was that an old Chicago area/WGN type commercial?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
That doesnt ring a bell with me at all.

I am with you, that is the result of a google search and finding a chicago tribune "are you a chicagoan" quiz.

I knew it had something to do with carpets, but I dont remember that name.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Yes they are played today ... even here in western KY. But what I want to know is do I actually remember those old ads or am i confusing them with something else?

In other words, I'm saying I remember that number without the 1-800 part of it. Am I nuts or was that an old Chicago area/WGN type commercial?

Yeah if memory serves me correctly the "800" popped up when they started creating a million area codes around Chicagoland. It originally was just the 588-2300 when all of Chicago was a 312 area code and it didn't matter. Now a days even the Chicago version has the 800 in the jingle.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Yeah if memory serves me correctly the "800" popped up when they started creating a million area codes around Chicagoland. It originally was just the 588-2300 when all of Chicago was a 312 area code and it didn't matter. Now a days even the Chicago version has the 800 in the jingle.

Thanks Mike. I thought so, but then I thought I might be going crazy. LOL

Yes they had the guy with the mustache and glasses. And some had the animated version of him.

Five eight eight two three hundred....Empire.

That's as recognizible as the Quatros theme to anybody who's lived in Carbondale.

Call five four nine five three two six.....Quatro's deep pan pizza.