Report: Iverson will be traded to Nuggets

Report: Iverson will be traded to Nuggets

/ FOXSports.com

Posted: 2 minutes ago

On Monday, the Nuggets learned they'd be without one superstar for 15 games.

BlogJam...

One day after the Nuggets learned they'd be losing Carmelo Anthony for a while, they've reportedly swung a deal to add Allen Iverson. Who got the better end of this deal? Tell us what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit the boards

Nuggets | 76ers

On Tuesday, it looks as if they've added a superstar to replace him.

According to a report on the Philadelphia Inquirer's website, Denver has reached an agreement on a deal for the 76ers' Allen Iverson.

Philadelphia will reportedly receive point guard Andre Miller, forward Joe Smith and both of Denver's first-round draft picks for 2007.

The news would come just one day after several Nuggets -- including NBA leading scorer Carmelo Anthony -- were suspended for their roles in Saturday's brawl with the Knicks.

MORE TO COME

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6288790

Edited by SoxPride56

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Wow. If Oden goes, Philly did, assuming they get TWO lottery picks? Interesting.

I don't think the 2nd pick is a lottery pick, I believe it originally started off as Dallas's pick. Dallas moved it to Golden State in the Dampier deal, then Golden State moved it to Denver in the Nikoloz Tskitishvili deal.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
I don't think the 2nd pick is a lottery pick, I believe it originally started off as Dallas's pick. Dallas moved it to Golden State in the Dampier deal, then Golden State moved it to Denver in the Nikoloz Tskitishvili deal.

I always find it interesting how many different teams a certain draft pick will go. In this case it has gone to 4 for now. But Philly did a pretty good job getting 2 first rounders, Miller, and Smith. That's about the best they could've received I think.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I always find it interesting how many different teams a certain draft pick will go. In this case it has gone to 4 for now. But Philly did a pretty good job getting 2 first rounders, Miller, and Smith. That's about the best they could've received I think.

yeah, seems like a good deal considering they announced they were going to trade him. Should be a somewhat deep draft, just going off the idea that it was the 1st year HS kids couldn't declare, so a bunch of them had to go to college for one year. Might not make it deeper, but atleast an extra year of scouting at a higher level for some of those kids (ie, what would Curry, Chandler and some of the Euros status have been if they spent one year in college)

I can not WAIT for the first George Karl (sp?) v. AI feud! They'll be all happy at a press conference, but look out!

Were Miller and Smith expiring contracts?

Honestly, that's some pretty good talent for AI. The Sixers did much better than I thought. Both are solid if unspectacular players...and the two draft picks...even if they don't use them, they can package them for someone like Garnett or Pierce or Marion. Interesting. Nice job Billy King...nice job.