Netflix, Who Uses Them?

Texsox

Love it. Except when the wife rearranges the wish list and all we get are movies i have no desire to see! I have heard the same thing as Kid, that if you start returning them too fast, they start not having the top title you ask for right away. However, since we occasionally go a week or two with them all sitting on top of the dvd player, not a problem for us.

Blockbuster Online has surpassed Netflix, IF you are a frequent renter. You can return the movies to a local store and therefore, be shipped more movies the next day.

Netflix will throttle you if you return movies too quickly. At first they'll pretty much give you good service and then after you're there for a while, bam, you'll notice longer waiting times and fewer new releases. Happened to me after about 8-9 months and eventually I dropped the service.

If interested, google Netflix Throttling, there's a ton of information out there.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 03:30 AM)
has anyone here tried renting video games through gamefly?

I've been with gamefly for a year or so now. haven't had any problems really. A couple games have been lost in the mail but i filled out an online form and the next on my list is sent. Some of their newer games have a short wait list on them but it hasn't been too bad yet.

I started using Netflix a bit over two months ago, and I think it's a good deal. Unfortunately, I don't think they work Saturdays. I follow my queue daily to see when my dvds are received and shipped, and I've noticed none have been processed on Saturday.

Does Blockbuster online work on Saturdays?

I use Netflix, and I generally like it. I only get one movie at a time (you can subscribe for having as many as three at a time, you just pay more per month). It's convenient and easy. The only complaint I have is the speed of delivery. Sometimes, the movie gets to me in a day. Other times, the movie takes a week to get there. This is probably more the fault of the post office as opposed to "throttling," but it's a small flaw inherent in the system. I think we average a movie a week with our one-at-a-time package.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
This birdie knows how to save a business a lot of money

All new DVD's are encrypted with copyright protection. Unless you use a computer with some hacking software it won't copy, or if it does the picture is real real dark. I tried this once with my Tivo dvd burner. You can try to manually copy everything (similar to that archaic VCR techonology) but you wouldn't get the right sound or picture quality.

I've used Netflix for well over a year. I've never been subject to 'throttling' that others speak of. I get the 3 at a time deal, dunno if that matters. We probably get 1-2 discs a week.

I tried Gamefly about a year ago. It seemed ok, but most of the brand new games were always waitlisted. It might be better now that it's become more popular.

The "protection" you speak of can easily be broken.

There are several programs which you can utilize to copy the discs and they are the same quality as the original.

I think my collection of over 500 DVDs before I cancelled Netflix can speak for that.

My buddy has well over 1200 DVDs and is still going strong.