The latest from Cynthia McKinney

NUKE_CLEVELAND

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/..._uppity_slur?45

And as for Walker's claim that McKinney has caused embarrassment to Georgia, [John] Evans said: "He must be talking about white folks or uppity black folks."[emphasis added]

How do black people get away with this sort of thing anyway? If this had been a white politician that said something like this he'd face universal condemnation and probably have to resign. This scumbag runs off at the mouth and nothing happens. Why?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Because she is an ex-Congressperson thrust off into obscurity by most of the mainstream and nobody really gives two tugs of a dead dog's cock what she has to say anymore, especially after hitting the Capitol cop incident.

Kinda like David Duke, who seems to always pop up in the news even though he should be thrust off into obscurity, eh?

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
Kinda like David Duke, who seems to always pop up in the news even though he should be thrust off into obscurity, eh?

Does he always pop up in the news? Outside of going to Iran, I can't think of the last time I saw him.

QUOTE(Damen @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Does he always pop up in the news? Outside of going to Iran, I can't think of the last time I saw him.

He was on CNN last week spouting off about something, and the reporter made sure to mention 'Republican' by his name every chance he got.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)

Uh, outside of his trip to Iran with the Holocaust deniers, I haven't seen or heard much of him in the news.

A simple Google search of the news shows that the only other (outside of the story that he was going to Iran) was a David Duke story from 2004.

He was on CNN being interviewed as a part of that story of his trip to Iran. I do believe he was interviewed in Tehran too if I remember correctly.

Should he be in obscurity? Yes. So should McKinney? Yes. Is a lazy media going to pick up on a non-issue because it has something to do with race and shove it down our throats until we can't stand it (a la the non issue of Michael Richards and his usage of a word) because it creates a cheap buzz, gets people talking -- outraged that it is even being covered and otherwise -- ? Absolutely.

It's a non-issue for both Duke and McKinney. Who cares what their outgoing views are? They're not in any frame of power any more and are just getting used to create fake wedge issues when there are plenty of real ones.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Uh, outside of his trip to Iran with the Holocaust deniers, I haven't seen or heard much of him in the news.

A simple Google search of the news shows that the only other (outside of the story that he was going to Iran) was a David Duke story from 2004.

He was on CNN being interviewed as a part of that story of his trip to Iran. I do believe he was interviewed in Tehran too if I remember correctly.

Should he be in obscurity? Yes. So should McKinney? Yes. Is a lazy media going to pick up on a non-issue because it has something to do with race and shove it down our throats until we can't stand it (a la the non issue of Michael Richards and his usage of a word) because it creates a cheap buzz, gets people talking -- outraged that it is even being covered and otherwise -- ? Absolutely.

It's a non-issue for both Duke and McKinney. Who cares what their outgoing views are? They're not in any frame of power any more and are just getting used to create fake wedge issues when there are plenty of real ones.

This issue has a lot more to do with just McKinney and I only bring it up as an example. My overall question is why is it alright for blacks to make racist remarks and not whites? Recall that when the Seinfeld guy ( I forgot his name already ) made his famous rant against blacks it was preceeded by those 2 poor victims of his racist bile calling him a cracker and insulting him? How do people like Al Sharpton get away with calling Jewish people "evil interlopers" and still be revered by many as a crusader for civil rights? ( I cant keep a straight face when trying to put that name in the same sentence as anything positive )

Why is it alright to refer to white people as crackers and honkeys but if white people use racial slurs against blacks they are the personification of evil?

Edited by NUKE

QUOTE(NUKE @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
This issue has a lot more to do with just McKinney and I only bring it up as an example. My overall question is why is it alright for blacks to make racist remarks and not whites? Recall that when the Seinfeld guy ( I forgot his name already ) made his famous rant against blacks it was preceeded by those 2 poor victims of his racist bile calling him a cracker and insulting him? How do people like Al Sharpton get away with calling Jewish people "evil interlopers" and still be revered by many as a crusader for civil rights? ( I cant keep a straight face when trying to put that name in the same sentence as anything positive )

Why is it alright to refer to white people as crackers and honkeys but if white people use racial slurs against blacks they are the personification of evil?

Its not alright.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Its not alright.

It must be since few people seem to care or pay attention when minorities make racist comments. Again, if a white person makes racist comments you'd think the world was about to end for all the reaction to it.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
It must be since few people seem to care or pay attention when minorities make racist comments. Again, if a white person makes racist comments you'd think the world was about to end for all the reaction to it.

I'll rephrase.

Its not alright WITH ME.

Better?

QUOTE(NUKE @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)

Right, and that's why I was one was on the few people who said that what Michael Richards did was not news back when it happened. Tis funny though to see all those "OMFG, he said n*****!" people that were outraged really not getting upset here too. Hypocrites.

But that said, McKinney and all this is still not news.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
DID YOU HEAR! SOME MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS GOT LOST IN THE MOUNTAINS!

it's only been on CNN 24 hours a day for about a week now

My other personal favorite "Man walks in snow!"

Gee, you'd figure that "He had to stick his head outside his car window to continue driving" might just be a clue that you may want to TURN AROUND.