Today's installment of hypersensitive a**holes with no Christmas s

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
What the hell is the matter with people these days?!!?

It's very simple actually. Some people are too stupid to realize that Jesus is not the same as Santa, and that celebrating the nationally recognized holiday built around a shopping binge and a legend of a jolly old fat man is slightly different from worshipping a child born a little over 2000 years ago.

Sadly, this is simply not going to go away, because, again, some people are really freaking stupid.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
It's very simple actually. Some people are too stupid to realize that Jesus is not the same as Santa, and that celebrating the nationally recognized holiday built around a shopping binge and a legend of a jolly old fat man is slightly different from worshipping a child born a little over 2000 years ago.

sir, you have offended me. my religion states that a fat guy wearing a santa suit WAS born in a manjor 2,342 years ago. i demand respect for my insane beliefs.

you, sir, will hearing from my lawyers (the ACLU). good day.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
sir, you have offended me. my religion states that a fat guy wearing a santa suit WAS born in a manjor 2,342 years ago. i demand respect for my insane beliefs.

you, sir, will hearing from my lawyers (the ACLU). good day.

However, that is still different from the holiday which the U.S. government recognizes on December 25th. The Supreme Court's actual ruling on the matter says that displays are acceptable as long as they are designed in such a way that a "reasonable person" would not interpret the display as an endorsement of a particular religion.

Given that this bus driver was almost certainly not endorsing the same religion you advocate, and any reasonable person would conclude similarly unless he began lecturing the students on how his messiah was born wearing that hat 2342 years ago, my legal standing is sound.

Because the U.S. government recognizes things like Christmas trees, Santa Claus, flying reindeer, and Tim Allen movies as part of the non-religious tradition of Christmas, unless the driver used the hat to openly advocate for the specific santa-worshipping religion, both he and I have no legal problems whatsoever.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
both he and I have no legal problems whatsoever.

we'll see about that.

there is no room in todays society for your intorlerant and racist views towards santa-worshippers.

you're a blatant santa-phobe

Never underestimate some parents.

I had an experience where I was threatened by a parent that wanted to take me to the school board because I supposedly got her kid kicked off the football team because of his behavior.

He got in my face, ripped up my detention and then told me off. His coach asked for behavior reports from the teachers and told the parents that at orientation. So, I wrote him. She got completely bent out of shape about it saying I had no right to do that, despite being told by the coach that he wanted this information from all teachers.

Later on, we all find out that the reason he was suspended was because he was skipping practices -- but telling his family he was going. After getting that info, I sent it to the parents. They told me that that I was lying and that it was all a cover up and that my "friends" (i.e. the coaches that I'VE NEVER MET) were covering for me.

So, this story really does not surprise me about the beliefs of some parents.

Anyone else struck by the parallel between this thread, and the one about the Virginia house rep spouting fear of Islam?

Maybe we can all just relax, and be a wee bit more tolerant of people who may have different beliefes than us. Different is not bad. And besides, as was pointed out earlier, I am thinking Santa is a far cry from religion. No offense, Mr. G.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 21, 2006 -> 06:31 AM)
Anyone else struck by the parallel between this thread, and the one about the Virginia house rep spouting fear of Islam?

Maybe we can all just relax, and be a wee bit more tolerant of people who may have different beliefes than us. Different is not bad. And besides, as was pointed out earlier, I am thinking Santa is a far cry from religion. No offense, Mr. G.

And then throw in the SLAM thread about the kid shot by the cannon...and we have ourselves a wonderful tapestry of America.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
Flying Spahgetti Santa??

He does wear red...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
However, that is still different from the holiday which the U.S. government recognizes on December 25th. The Supreme Court's actual ruling on the matter says that displays are acceptable as long as they are designed in such a way that a "reasonable person" would not interpret the display as an endorsement of a particular religion.

Given that this bus driver was almost certainly not endorsing the same religion you advocate, and any reasonable person would conclude similarly unless he began lecturing the students on how his messiah was born wearing that hat 2342 years ago, my legal standing is sound.

Because the U.S. government recognizes things like Christmas trees, Santa Claus, flying reindeer, and Tim Allen movies as part of the non-religious tradition of Christmas, unless the driver used the hat to openly advocate for the specific santa-worshipping religion, both he and I have no legal problems whatsoever.

Now there's a reason to sue.

Funny stuff...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....xml&src=rss

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Santa isn't welcome in Hazleton because he's an illegal immigrant just like all the others the Pennsylvania town is trying to get rid of -- or so someone would have you believe.

A new Web site, http://www.nosantaforhazleton.com, says the town intends to keep Santa out this Christmas because he represents the illegal immigration the town council believes increases crime and burdens local services.

But the site is a hoax, created by someone in a bid to satirize a local law passed in July that has attracted national attention by imposing penalties on businesses and landlords to deter them from hiring or renting rooms to illegal immigrants.

Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta, who instigated the Illegal Immigration Relief Act Ordinance, said neither he nor the City of Hazleton are involved with the Web site and that while he's not taking it seriously, it may be illegal because it invites online donations. The town has referred it to police.

The site pretends to quote Barletta as saying, "Santa is a dangerous idea whose reign must be put to an end."

A "press release" on the site says a coalition of elected officials and concerned citizens have come together to act against "the nation's most prominent undocumented worker."

Hazleton's immigration act has been temporarily blocked by a federal judge pending a lawsuit against the town brought by immigrant supporters, including the American Civil Liberties Union. It is expected to be heard in early 2007.

Hazleton is a former coal-mining town of 31,000 people in the eastern part of the state.

Barletta said he has no idea who created the site, adding: "Whoever did that will certainly be getting coal for Christmas."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)

I'm not sure on Santa's status....maybe THAT's why he married Mrs. Claus..but i'm pretty damn sure those elves aren't where they're supposed to be. Where's the raids on Santa's sweat....i mean workshop????????