A good laugh

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/20/law...oran/index.html

"The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Quran.

"I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped."

Not more Muslims! Oh golly gee whiz! What ever is this MELTING POT supposed to do. Give me your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...as long as they don't pray to a different invisible man than Rep. Goode.

Muslim: It's the new Irish.

And here's an idea for the guy. Don't want to swear in on a Quran? Then I suggest you don't do it but don't b**** and stop those that do because that is part of their religion. It doesn't harm him at all that Ellison swears in on a different book. The Earth's axis won't stop spinning and the sun will continue to shine.

God, I hate this stupid f***ing pseudo-outrage from fundamentalists of all religions.

Update, with a few more juicy quotes.

Sorry to keep beating the drum on this one, but some of the new quotes in there from Goode are just priceless. Immigration law that "allows non-Europeans" into the country? Oh no, not that! He refers to himself in the third person. And my favorite, in response to criticism, he points one that "one woman" wrote a letter supporting his position.

Delicious.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 22, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
what made Virgil Goode switch from Dem to Independent?

Even when he was a Dem, he was a prototypical Southern Democrat whose ideas on abortion, gun control, gay marriage, etc., were all right of the national center. He sided with the Republicans on the Clinton articles of impeachment and became an Independent in 2000, choosing to caucus with the Republicans. He had been lobbied to go over to the Dark Side since the Clinton days and did it in 2002, possibly with the promise of a seat on the Appropriations Committee.

I loves me The Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep digging Rep. Goode. I'm sure you'll get to the magical land of Narnia soon.

Save Judeo-Christian values

Immigration leaves USA vulnerable to Muslim extremists' infiltration.

By Virgil Goode

A letter I sent in early December was written in response to hundreds of e-mails from constituents upset about Rep.-elect Keith Ellison's decision to use the Quran in connection with his congressional swearing-in. Their communications followed media reports that Ellison, a Minnesota Democrat, had said that he would swear on the Quran. He repeated that at a gathering of Muslims in Detroit on Dec. 26.

My letter did not call for a religious test for prospective members of Congress, as some have charged. Americans have the right to elect any person of their choosing to represent them. I indicated to my constituents that I did not subscribe to the Quran in any way, and I intended to use the Bible in connection with my swearing-in. I also stated that the Ten Commandments and "In God We Trust" are on the wall of my office, and I have no intention of displaying the Quran in my office. That is my choice, and I stand by my position and do not apologize for it.

My letter also stated, "If American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Quran."

Immigration is arguably the most important issue facing the country today. At least 12 million immigrants are here illegally. And diversity visas, a program initiated in 1990 to grant visas to people from countries that had low U.S. immigration at that time, are bringing in 50,000 a year from various parts of the world, including the Middle East.

Let us remember that we were not attacked by a nation on 9/11; we were attacked by extremists who acted in the name of the Islamic religion. I believe that if we do not stop illegal immigration totally, reduce legal immigration and end diversity visas, we are leaving ourselves vulnerable to infiltration by those who want to mold the United States into the image of their religion, rather than working within the Judeo-Christian principles that have made us a beacon for freedom-loving persons around the world.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
Hmmm, so that's how you spell pwn3d.

well, it's more appropriate than using a used copy of the colonial periodical "Big, Black and Beautiful" magazine owned by Thomas Jefferson :D