Dontrelle Willis - DUI

YASNY

I thought the bars did if the knowingly served someone that was drunk and allowed them to leave - like in the case of the off duty Chicago Cop that was drunk and killed the two teens in Tinley/Orland a year or two ago?

We were just talking about this at work and none of us could figure out if/when a bar would have liability in a DUI case though.

You can buy hand held breathalyzers for under $100, but I'm not too sure how reliable they are.

Don't a fair amount of boderline .08 DUI cases get thrown out? IMO DUI's are like speeding. If you're right around the limit you're not going to experience too many problems (as long as you are a reasonable driver while sober.) If you are way over the limit on DUI's or speeding, you got some problems.

The way Dontrelle was described definately didn't sound like a .08 case.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
Do you guys carry a breathalyzer with you out to the bar?

Dont need to carry a breathalyzer,Every drink is worth .02 and every hour your body burns off about .02.It is simple math really.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Dont need to carry a breathalyzer,Every drink is worth .02 and every hour your body burns off about .02.It is simple math really.

It depends on your weight, and other factors, of course. But for most people, 4 drinks in an hour (which according to your math would be safe at .06, because .08-.02=.06) is NOT safe, and I can almost guarantee they would blow more than .08 after that.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)

A beer is worth half a drink, right? So if a ball game lasts 3-1/2 hours I can have 14 beers? I like your arithemetic, I have to forward this to my wife!

:cheers

(Reality check, I drive to the game, she drives home and if I have more than 3 or 4 I can't read my freaking score card. )

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
If breathalyzers were cheaper, I think most (if not all) would bring them out to the bars with them.

Waay back in the 70s and early 80s there were coin op breathalysers and yes, it became a challenge to see how drunk you could get.