Poll

klaus kinski

Guillen 2007  

48 members have voted

1. 1. After last season where do you rank him?

• Top 25% of managers
    • Second 25% of managers
    • Below 50% to 75% of managers
    • In the bottom 25% of managers

Man, you make a tough poll, when it's only based on 3 years, 1 of which was a world series year.

Ozzie Guillen has thus far not been a good in game manager, and given his stubbornness and seeming lack of desire to learn from his mistakes, I don't know if he ever will improve.

But he managed to do enough things right, including giving his guys enough rest, helping turn his starting pitchers into monsters, and motivating his team well enough to blow the snot out of the rest of baseball in 2005.

In 2006, we seemed so lackadasical though. I'm so conflicted. I'm going to go with second 25% right now, because I don't have enough data after 3 years. He pulls this team togther this season, makes them look like they want it again, and he skyrockets. They look lazy again, fall flat in the 2nd half again, and lose too many games because of stupid managerial mistakes, then he plummets to the bottom. But that 2005 campaign, and the way that team played, is still carrying him for now to my eyes.