game thread vs scrubs

cwsox

I have nothing to say yet, I just like starting game threads! :lol:

actually, since my game thread yesterday was obviously so successful, I thought I'd better do it again!

gotta go to a birthday party for a 6 year old and am going soon rather than later (i.e., the actual party time) so i do not miss much of the game - they should be happy I show up at all on a game day! :lol: ;)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing to say yet, I just like starting game threads!  :lol:

actually, since my game thread yesterday was obviously so successful, I thought I'd better do it again!

gotta go to a birthday party for a 6 year old and am going soon rather than later (i.e., the actual party time) so i do not miss much of the game - they should be happy I show up at all on a game day! :lol:  ;)

I'm not so sure they'll be happy to see you. Just kidding. have a good time. I had to sell my ticket to next Saturday's game because my darling wife planned our daughter's 1st birthday party that day.

I have nothing to say yet, I just like starting game threads!  :lol:

gotta go to a birthday party for a 6 year old and am going soon rather than later (i.e., the actual party time) so i do not miss much of the game - they should be happy I show up at all on a game day! :lol:  ;)

I'm not so sure they'll be happy to see you. Just kidding. have a good time. I had to sell my ticket to next Saturday's game because my darling wife planned our daughter's 1st birthday party that day.

I see Divorce Court in your future. :rolleyes:

I had to sell my ticket to next Saturday's game because my darling wife planned our daughter's 1st birthday party that day.

don't these people think????? or check calendars??????

actually - your fault - I mark my calendars at work and home as soon as the schedule comes out - with big markings so no one dares schedule anything on an important game day -

on the another hand, leave the wife at home and take the kid to the game!

don't these people think????? or check calendars??????

actually - your fault - I mark my calendars at work and home as soon as the schedule comes out - with big markings so no one dares schedule anything on an important game day -

on the another hand, leave the wife at home and take the kid to the game!

A 1-year old at a rowdy public place with 50,000 drunken baseball fans? :nono

I think the next 2 games are very important for the Sox. We certainly need to win at least 1 of them -- that's pretty much a given. But if we can manage to get good performances from MB and BC, we can really have some momentum going into the series @ Minnesota. Shockingly and amazingly, our "dynamic duo" hasn't won back-to-back games all year, so no time would be better than now.

Here are the Lineups:

Mark B vs. Matt Clement

Harris - CF

Jimenez - 2B

Ordonez - RF

Daubach - 1B

Lee - LF

Valentin - SS

Crede - 3B

Paul - C

Buehrle - P

Grudzielanek - 2B

Patterson - CF

Sosa - RF

Alou - LF

Karros - 1B

Hernandez - 3B

Gonzalez - SS

Miller - C

Clement - P

Frank and PK available for pinch hitting today.

Here are the Lineups:

Mark B vs. Matt Clement

Harris - CF

Jimenez - 2B

Ordonez - RF

Daubach - 1B

Lee - LF

Valentin - SS

Crede - 3B

Paul - C

Buehrle - P

Grudzielanek - 2B

Patterson - CF

Sosa - RF

Alou - LF

Karros - 1B

Hernandez - 3B

Gonzalez - SS

Miller - C

Clement - P

Frank and PK available for pinch hitting today.

Hrmmm...no Frank? WTF is up with that? He came out in like the 5th inning yesterday -- he can't be tired. :huh:

What a lineup.  That's really f***ed up.

I guess I can deal with everything except for Frank being out of the lineup. I see NO reason for it -- unless Frank has some sort of undisclosed injury maybe? I mean, he left the game yesterday in like the 5th inning, and had all night to rest and relax. And with an off-day on Monday, I don't see why he would need today off.

Anyone have a logical answer?

Np Frank because they are trying to load up lefty bats against Clement I assume.

I believe so too.

I would kept Dorn and Olivo in the lineup today though, they were some Cub Killas yesterday.

Hmmmm....I guess that's probably the reason. 

Still don't agree, though. :D

this morning's Trib reported that Frank was 0-4 against Clement with 4 strikeouts.Just JM playing the percentages.Hopefully,we'll see Frank pinch hit early against a cub reliever...........

Hmmmm....I guess that's probably the reason. 

Still don't agree, though. :D

this morning's Trib reported that Frank was 0-4 against Clement with 4 strikeouts.Just JM playing the percentages.Hopefully,we'll see Frank pinch hit early against a cub reliever...........

Ah, OK. That's ugly. :D

And yes, hopefully we'll see him come in and jack one out and keep the "Cub faithful" in their seats. :headbang