OFFICIAL-Sox Fan Christmas Present thread

soxwon

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
I got the coolest Sox related gift ever. A Hawk + DJ dual bobblehead of them sitting at their desk. I'll try and put pics up later. Seriously, you cannot grasp the awesomeness until you see it.

from the san fransisco game in '03?

still pissed i missed that game.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up getting the world series dvd set, only sox related thing i got.

I did also end up getting....

Michael Jordan "Dream Team" Jersey

U of I basketball shorts

ESPN Scene it

Boondocks Season 1 on DVD

about 300 bucks

and the lady friend knitted me a scarf

I think i made out pretty well

Sox-related:

a set of White Sox dominoes

non-Sox related:

Cardinals road jersey w/WS patch

Cardinals WS locker room t-shirt

Cardinals NL Champs hat

cell phone

some blank CD-R's and DVD-R's

wallet (with Best Buy gift card inside)

another Best Buy gift card

iTunes gift card

Starbucks gift card (I don't go to Starbucks, so I handed it to my wife after the party)

Kissology DVD set (which I already have, so I'll return/exchange this soon)

some cash (went into my daughter's savings)

a pocket-sized electronic poker game

The Death Of WCW book

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
There's a Death of WCW book?

*runs to amazon.com*

Yep.

Written by the wrestlecrap.com guys, the book details the multitude of stupid decisions that killed WCW, focusing on the backstage politicking of guys like Hogan and Nash in particular.

I had to force myself to put it down and save it for later.

It's VERY good, and very detailed.

One of the things i received was a pair of nice slippers.

First time i attempted to walk downstairs with them on our new wood stairs, fell down on the first stair and tumbled halfway down. it was essentially like walking down a hill of ice. Woke the whole house up at almost 3am. Good times.

As early Christmas presents I got Rainbow 6 and a controller for 360.

As my regular presents, I got $$$, gift cards, The Office Season 2, Entourage Season 1.

The best gift 'Santa' could bring me would be success at my first live poker tourney/event. It's a charitable event where the rake goes to various charities. I'm coming with $200, and if I could leave with $500+, I'd be quite pleased.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Slow Sox year... I only got a new T-shirt. Besides that I did get a new ping-pong table :headbang

Are you challenging me to a ping pong duel?? :P

I pulled in a new winter coat (which was badly needed), a TomTom GPS thingy, and a bunch of useful gift cards. Nothin' White Sox, which was ok after all of the stuff I scored on my birthday.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 03:53 AM)
As early Christmas presents I got Rainbow 6 and a controller for 360.

As my regular presents, I got $$$, gift cards, The Office Season 2, Entourage Season 1.

The best gift 'Santa' could bring me would be success at my first live poker tourney/event. It's a charitable event where the rake goes to various charities. I'm coming with $200, and if I could leave with $500+, I'd be quite pleased.

What event and where? I certainly might be interested!

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
I got the coolest Sox related gift ever. A Hawk + DJ dual bobblehead of them sitting at their desk. I'll try and put pics up later. Seriously, you cannot grasp the awesomeness until you see it.

Someone gifted you a giveaway. I was sitting in the patio for that game. We put bags over their heads. It was brutal.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
One of the things i received was a pair of nice slippers.

First time i attempted to walk downstairs with them on our new wood stairs, fell down on the first stair and tumbled halfway down. it was essentially like walking down a hill of ice. Woke the whole house up at almost 3am. Good times.

:drink

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
Anytime buddy, anytime :P

You both will get your asses handed to em. You are talking to the ping pong champion of my middle school. :D

I got a bunch of work clothes (all of which are getting returned because I don't wear ties) and a new pair of work shoes (but I forgot to tell my folks I just bought a new pair about a month ago).

Aside from that, Xbox Live for 13 months (my first month free just ended),Tiger Woods Golf, a nice sweater (that I can wear to work when its in the 50's, LOL), undershirts, & money.

I bought myself a Rex Grossman jersey and a new football.

Sox related, I got a White Sox santa hat and a t-shirt.

I also got a Bears division champs longsleeve, which I immediately threw back at my mom, even though it was a gift from my sister... There's a story here...

You see, back in late '05, before the Sox playoffs, but after the Sox had clinched, my mom bought me a Sox AL Central Division champs T-shirt. At the time, I was happy the Sox had won the division, but I wasn't satisfied with just a division championship. So when she handed the shirt to me, I touched it for only seconds before tossing it back to her as if it were contaminated with the black plague. I told her that I appreciated the shirt, but I wouldn't wear it until the Sox won the World Series. The reasoning being that if I wore the shirt before the playoffs/World Series, that I was already accepting of the Sox impending post-season failure.

In other words, the Bears are gonna win the Super Bowl!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Sox related, I got a White Sox santa hat and a t-shirt.

I also got a Bears division champs longsleeve, which I immediately threw back at my mom, even though it was a gift from my sister... There's a story here...

You see, back in late '05, before the Sox playoffs, but after the Sox had clinched, my mom bought me a Sox AL Central Division champs T-shirt. At the time, I was happy the Sox had won the division, but I wasn't satisfied with just a division championship. So when she handed the shirt to me, I touched it for only seconds before tossing it back to her as if it were contaminated with the black plague. I told her that I appreciated the shirt, but I wouldn't wear it until the Sox won the World Series. The reasoning being that if I wore the shirt before the playoffs/World Series, that I was already accepting of the Sox impending post-season failure.

In other words, the Bears are gonna win the Super Bowl!

:cheers :headbang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 08:27 AM)
I got a bunch of work clothes (all of which are getting returned because I don't wear ties)

You don't wear ties? :lol:

Anyways slow Christmas for me. I'm gettin a U.K Passport (I'm eligible because of a family connection), but I still actually have to finalize filling out the forms and sending it off etc. It gives me some options if I want to work in Europe (if I wanted to work in the States I'd have to get some sort of visa or a green card).

But other than that, just some travel stuff and a book, so not much a haul this year, but that's ok.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
:drink

You both will get your asses handed to em. You are talking to the ping pong champion of my middle school. :D

how long have they been letting the teachers compete against the students? ;)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
You don't wear ties? :lol:

Anyways slow Christmas for me. I'm gettin a U.K Passport (I'm eligible because of a family connection), but I still actually have to finalize filling out the forms and sending it off etc. It gives me some options if I want to work in Europe (if I wanted to work in the States I'd have to get some sort of visa or a green card).

But other than that, just some travel stuff and a book, so not much a haul this year, but that's ok.

If the Australians would stop using kangaroo foreskins for passports, you'd probably have less of a problem traveling and working around the world :D

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
how long have they been letting the teachers compete against the students? ;)

If the Australians would stop using kangaroo foreskins for passports, you'd probably have less of a problem traveling and working around the world :D

Your Aussie Banter is still a work in progress, MATE. :P

Although I'm sure Kangaroo Foreskins would probably get you a lot of $$$ on the open market, unfortunately we're not THAT inhumane down here. :aussie: