Arizona Fall League Update

Chisoxfn

Peoria is 22-13

Tim Hummel has picked things up big time as he's gotten his average up to .254. He hasn't hit a homer and he's struck out 9 times in 73 at bats. Hummel had been hitting under .200 most of the way and it had the Sox questioning just how good of a future he may have.

Jon Adkins is 1-2 with an era of 4.00 in 6 starts(7 games). The one daggering stat is that he's given up 36 hits in 27 innings of work. My theory is, his numbers are better then he's pitched.

Gary Majewski is 3-0 with a 2.21 era in 12 games. Many people forgot we got him back in the JB deal, but he was nasty this season and is continuing his nastiness in the fall league. He's struck out 17 in 20 innings.

Lefty Dave Sanders is 6-0 with a .95 era and all of a sudden the Sox may just consider him for a lefty slot in the bullpen. He's thrown 19 innings, giving up 16 hits, striking out 13.

Lefthanded starter Josh Stewart has also had a great fall league. He's 1-0 with a .95 era in 8 games(7 starts). He's pitched 28.1 innings, striking out 22, while giving up just 23 hits.

Valentine was shutdown for the rest of the fall league for precautionary measures. He was 0-0 with an era of 9.00 in 3 games.

The Sox pitchers sure have some impressive stats considering how Arizona is considered a hitters area that typically inflates a hitters stats.

Guest hotsoxchick1

what happened to valentine??? is he hurt or something??? i havent been following the winter games that much with my recent disgust with kenny and stuff like that... but val was smoking during the season did something happen in ariz to make him have to be shut down or what... info please jas...

Guest hotsoxchick1

whew you had me worried there for a minute.. you mean to say that someone actually had a good thought for a change when it came to the health of one of our players... good thing nardi isnt down there he would have kept pitching him till the arm fell off ...lol