Sox Sign Cintron

ChiSox9

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Cintron is Uribe with little power, a bit more speed but very little glove. No way is he considered for the spot of SS over Uribe unless he's in a Dominican prison.

Why yes, I did plagiarize off of Kalapse.

You forgot the consistently higher batting average but other than that you hit the nail on the head.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
You forgot the consistently higher batting average but other than that you hit the nail on the head.

Cintron hits for a higher average but I think it's a wash when you consider the glove/power differences.

Besides, you hit the nail on the head first. :P

:cheers

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Actually, I expect Uribe to be out of shape from all the offseason time spent defending himself from charges that he shot someone. Hopefully he's been able to maintain a rigorous regimen but somehow I doubt it. Which'll be a shame 'cause he isn't hot with the stick when he has been working out. And I'm a big Uribe fan so I don't want him to come in struggling.

I hope your just being sarcastic because he didnt really spend much time at all defending himself.He was cleared of having any involvement pretty quickly.And secondly I would hope Cintron is not starting for us next year cause his defense is "Jose Valentin scary".

He has a natural talent for pretending he's Sammy Sosa.

I want to see Uribe as the SS, but only if he beats out Cintron for the job in spring training. I'm not convinced Juan will show up in shape, focused and ready to hustle his ass off, which I dont really worry about with Cintron.

Edited by U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES

QUOTE(U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
He has a natural talent for pretending he's Sammy Sosa.

I want to see Uribe as the SS, but only if he beats out Cintron for the job in spring training. I'm not convinced Juan will show up in shape, focused and ready to hustle his ass off, which I dont really worry about with Cintron.

He may not be able to leave the DR by spring training.

QUOTE(shipps @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
I hope your just being sarcastic because he didnt really spend much time at all defending himself.He was cleared of having any involvement pretty quickly.And secondly I would hope Cintron is not starting for us next year cause his defense is "Jose Valentin scary".

Uh, hello -- http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/12/29/...be_Shooting.php

And secondly I would hope Cintron is not starting for us next year cause his defense is not "Jose Valentin good".

Perhaps you meant

And secondly I would hope Cintron is not starting for us next year cause his defense is "Royce Clayton scary".