NBC: Saddam to hang within 48 hours.

Balta1701

Link.

Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, sentenced to death for his role in 148 killings in 1982, will have his sentence carried out by Sunday, NBC News reported Thursday. According to a U.S. military officer who spoke on condition of anonymity, Saddam will be hanged before the start of the Eid religious holiday, which begins this Sunday.

The hanging could take place as early as Friday, NBC’s Richard Engel reported.

The U.S. military received a formal request from the Iraqi government to transfer Saddam to Iraqi authorities, NBC reported on Thursday, which is one of the final steps required before his execution. His sentence, handed down last month, ordered that he be hanged within 30 days.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Any chance this will be on tape somewhere? If so, I wonder how many people who normally wouldn't watch something like that would check it out.

I think it's actually going to be shown on Iraqi Television, as proof to the Iraqi people that it actually happened.

Good to see he's finally gets what's coming to him though.

All hell broke loose a while ago. A wave of violence associated with Saddam specifically in this case is inevitable as well, regardless of whether he is executed or withheld from execution by the occupying force. Therefore, I think the only logical solution is to allow the Iraqi system take its course. Let him die.