My Game MVP

DonkeyKongerko

I have a pretty good idea that that sign was stolen. The way Koch was struggling with the strikezone and it's the 9th inning there is no way you just guess on a pitchout there. The FOX announcers mentioned how Nossek is a genius of sign-stealing. So my MVP goes to Nossek, who says the bench coach doesn't do anything?

I have a pretty good idea that that sign was stolen.  The way Koch was struggling with the strikezone and it's the 9th inning there is no way you just guess on a pitchout there.  The FOX announcers mentioned how Nossek is a genius of sign-stealing.  So my MVP goes to Nossek, who says the bench coach doesn't do anything?

Steve Lyons (and I love Psycho) was all over Nossek praising him -

and I agree and thanks for rasing that, DK -

his contributiopns get overlooked a lot and I think he was crucial today, i agree with you 100%

On the topic of sign stealing what does the rule book say about stealing signs?  Like if a bench coach is a genius and can somehow read the signs why should that be illegal.

As far as that goes. I don't think it's illegal if you use nothing else than your own eyes and ears. Using surveillance of any kind would be.

I think it is considered unethical if done with spyglass in centerfield or from scoreboard, but stealing them off the bench because you know baseball as Nossek does would be ok

stealing signs to me is part of the game - that's what a runner at 2nd is suppsoed to be doing as well as standing there

I thinkj it is considered unethical if done with spyglass in centerfield or from scoreboard, but stealing them off the bench because you know baseball as Nossek does would be ok

stealing signs to me is part of the game - that's what a runner at 2nd is suppsoed to be doing as well as standing there

Nothing illegal about sign stealing (except using surveillance equipment). It is not real popular with the other team if they find out, however and has been known to cause a fastball in the back of a hitter to make a point.

Ah, the nuances of the game.. :)

I agree nice throw by Josh. He still had to complete the deal.

And nice job throwing Miller out at the plate when the Cubs got that three spot off Mark B.

Nice win, though what's up with Koch? He seems like he is really unreliable.

Good point asshat.

His first pitches sucked.

It seems like he threw a few decent fastballs or sliders, but I was worried after the Scrub second baseman led off the ninth by belting that fastball to rf for a double.

Pretend we actually can get back in the race.

Is Koch good enough to get it together and close out games for us?

If we are going to make a run at the mediocre Twins and Royals we do need a closer, correcto?

i think he cant get that first pitch strike and work the count like he usually does

Yeah he gets all fired up when he comes in which is good but he can't throw his fastball over the plate. He's always 1-0 2-0 then he has to throw some get-me-overs and is lucky when they stay in the park.

Guest hotsoxchick1

koches mechanics are way way off.. no way do you go from throwing 100-99-98 mph fast balls to 90-91 without something being drastically wrong............

koches mechanics are way way off.. no way do you go from throwing 100-99-98 mph fast balls to 90-91 without something being drastically wrong............

Didn't Cooper figure that out a while ago? I atleast thought he did.

Maybe now that he's grown that ugly ass mustache, his pitches lost a little MPH? :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

Didn't Cooper figure that out a while ago? I atleast thought he did.

Maybe now that he's grown that ugly ass mustache, his pitches lost a little MPH? :D

i dont know .. but what ever it is its obviously not found out yet... or worked on.... he was hittin some low 90's and thats not good.....or at least not good for him..........

It seems like he threw a few decent fastballs or sliders, but I was worried after the Scrub second baseman led off the ninth by belting that fastball to rf for a double.

In Koch's defense, give Grudzelanik credit. I'm not a big fan of Koch by any means but that was a pitcher's pitch (letter high, black of the outside corner) which Grudzelanik battled the other way nicely for a double. The only bad pitch Koch threw really was the single to ShamME. If he was corked, who knows where that might have ended up :lol: :bang

Yeah he gets all fired up when he comes in which is good but he can't throw his fastball over the plate.  He's always 1-0 2-0 then he has to throw some get-me-overs and is lucky when they stay in the park.

I am beginning to wonder if Koch is hurting. In the Red Sox game, which he blew, I didn't see a fast ball more than 90-91 and his curves looked slow and sometimes flat. I didn't see the game today, but he has the same problem the other relief guys do and that's he can't get the first batter he faces out. Gordon didn't appear sharp today either as I saw he had no strikeouts and gave up 3 hits or so.

However, to have a coach like Joe Nossek is simply the best. He has done this sign stealing many times. He can read the other teasm manager/coaches so well. Baseball Tonight was praising him too and Josh Paul told Rob Dibble, "Nossek stole the sign."

In Koch's defense, give Grudzelanik credit. I'm not a big fan of Koch by any means but that was a pitcher's pitch (letter high, black of the outside corner) which Grudzelanik battled the other way nicely for a double. The only bad pitch Koch threw really was the single to ShamME. If he was corked, who knows where that might have ended up :lol: :bang

IT wasn't the pitch that made the difference. It was the sequence. Everything from Billy was away. Finally Grudz just went the other way with the pitch. If they bust Grudz in on the hands, they get him.