and im sure, all of us at one time think

damn he/she is ugly!!!!

or wow he/she is good looking.

there are others in the middle too.

id say

there are 60% good looking

10 % in the middle

30% not good looking.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
This is my new favorite Soxtalk thread...

I would like to know where you live because the people in my line of sight everyday do not equate out to 60% good looking.

Using your horribly flawed ratio scale I would go 20-60-20.

Yeah, the original scale has to be off simply based on how many old people there are. Subtract all the fatties too and the number of people left to be judged is less than 30%. From there we must subtract all dudes of any age, bringing us down to 17%, because I think there are more femininas in this country than guys. From 17%, we can then begin to eliminate the sour faces, butter faces, straight-up ugly faces, and the handicapped/deformed. That brings us to 7%.

QUOTE(shoota @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Yeah, the original scale has to be off simply based on how many old people there are. Subtract all the fatties too and the number of people left to be judged is less than 30%. From there we must subtract all dudes of any age, bringing us down to 17%, because I think there are more femininas in this country than guys. From 17%, we can then begin to eliminate the sour faces, butter faces, straight-up ugly faces, and the handicapped/deformed. That brings us to 7%.

wooooow

Yeah, it's probably more like this for me: 15-25-60

Most people are ruled out because of hygiene, clothing, hairstyle, lack of intelligence, car wrecks, old people, and accents (new york, new jersey, and new england..there is nothing attractive about these accents; you could be so hot and yet be so unattractive)

southerners can sound rednecky, but who can resist the cute blond with the southern bell accent? :wub

For that matter, PA dutch have terrible accents, but they fall under the old person thing.

so in a room of 10 people: there's one attractive person, followed by 3 average or above average people, and 6 uggos.

I'd fall in the middle range...and if I could run like mreye, it'd be higher.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
accents (new york, new jersey, and new england..there is nothing attractive about these accents; you could be so hot and yet be so unattractive)

I couldn't agree more.

Also, you mentioned car wrecks as making people unattractive. You gotta explain that one.

I have a friend who is ridiculously stupid. He goes around asking people, "Do you know when it's acceptable to cheat? Like, when something happens to your wife. Like, if the house burns and she gets her face burnt. You don't want to kiss that!" and it might seem as if it were some ultra sarcastic prank, ala Borat, but it's not. That's really how he thinks. "How could you stay with that!"

Well, Tom is more an acquaintance than a friend.

Not that I'm saying that THAT is what PA is saying -- though it might be. I'm just saying that's what comes to mind for me. And I, of course, don't endorse the sentiment or thought behind that thought.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 03:20 AM)
I have a friend who is ridiculously stupid. He goes around asking people, "Do you know when it's acceptable to cheat? Like, when something happens to your wife. Like, if the house burns and she gets her face burnt. You don't want to kiss that!" and it might seem as if it were some ultra sarcastic prank, ala Borat, but it's not. That's really how he thinks. "How could you stay with that!"

Well, Tom is more an acquaintance than a friend.

Not that I'm saying that THAT is what PA is saying -- though it might be. I'm just saying that's what comes to mind for me. And I, of course, don't endorse the sentiment or thought behind that thought.

LMAO! That's a legit question, though. I had a dream once that my wife lost half her face in a car accident. I swear to god. How do you continue to bone a chick with half a face? C'mon now.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Alcohol

You got that right. Rosie O'Donell doesn't look all that bad after a bottle of scotch.

The thought about car accidents damaging a person's appearance came to mind, but he could have said accidents in general or something. Even so it remains a small portion of people to single out. I don't think it's common enough to factor it in.

I can't believe I'm analyzing anything in this thread...

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 09:13 AM)
Alcohol

Reminds me of a joke (probably heard it before);

A couple are having a fight. The girl wants the guy to stop spending $50 a week on alcohol. But then the guy wants the girl to stop spending $80 a week on makeup. The girl says, "I have to spend that amount to look pretty for you".

The guy says "I thought that was what the alcohol was for". :D